Rabbit Dogs banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got permission to about 200 acres to run on and cut lanes and plant plots Its something like CRP or some kind of lay out land going out this weekend to do some work on it and whats the best thing to plant on the lanes
Thanks for the help
James

·
Registered
631 Posts
I just got permission to about 200 acres to run on and cut lanes and plant plots Its something like CRP or some kind of lay out land going out this weekend to do some work on it and whats the best thing to plant on the lanes
Thanks for the help
James
This time of year i wouldn't plant anything since there is so much foliage for them to eat on but in the fall i always plant a bag of mixed seeds for them to eat on.Wheat,rye,clover,oats and rape.50lb bag will plant a bunch.I plant rows 5ft wide next to the thick stuff.Enjoy your new honey hole.:thumb:

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well it was just put in the lay out land last year so the cover is not that thick yet I did jump a few rabbits early fall last year when they let me run there but seemed the later it got the less rabbits and way to many wild house cats i would see 3 to 4 every time out so I'm going to work on that first and going to mow lanes in the morning one day it will be fixed up like i got it dreamed

1 - 9 of 9 Posts