Rabbit Dogs banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She's just over 6 months old and is in the starting pen right now.

I dont know much about her yet but Im getting reports about once a week, some good, some bad.

The good is that she hunts hard but the bad is that she barks when she shouldnt. I sure hope she grows out of that. I dont mind one barking on a cold trail every now and then but if they lose the rabbit, I want em to shut up till they get it going again.

·
Premium Member
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rob's dog Tiggs is the sire and the dam is Rock Hill Blackcreek Shyann who is out of Briarcreek Major League and Griffin Searching Black Angel.

I should have updated this report on her but I forgot about it till just now.

Gary Ragsdale had her for a month and got her started and running for me. After the first week when we talked I was pretty disappointed and was wishin' I hadnt bought her. She wouldnt do nothin'. He said some dogs ran a rabbit right by her and he looked over at her and she was making a bed. Didnt care nothin' at all about any of it. He also said that once she finally got in a race all she did was bark.

Sometime after that first week it must have started clicking because the next week she was like a different dog. Hunting hard, running the line close and clean, and not much extra bark.

I took her out yesterday afternoon and ran her for the first time and I was pretty impressed, especially with her hunt.

I think Im gonna like her. :wink:

·
Premium Member
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry, but I already did and have regreted it several times since. :smack:

I liked everything about her except for her foot speed. She just couldnt quite keep up with my other dogs. I should have given her more of a chance to pick it up a little but I didnt. :smack:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.