Rabbit Dogs banner
101 - 120 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
So true Foxxy. I have sent several emails to the wonderful government officials in Michigan and always get a form letter reply. When I try to engage them with questions about what they state in the reply I am usually ignored but a few times I have received a reply that basically says we're not sure you are in my district so contact someone else

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
Truthfully I don't give a flip if folks want electric cars.
Those who do not don't have to get one. They just have to take a beating at the pump.
It's not right for one group to pay through the nose so another group can feel good about themselves.
Nobody knows what the climate will be like in 100 years. Look at 100 years ago and now. We don't know what all will be discovered and what changes will take place.
I had a 70 Chevy pick up. It would get 21 mpg driving it hard.
In 73 I think they started putting the smog grinders on them to help emissions. Weak engines of the same cubic inch that burned way more gas was the result. The gov gave car makers money and said do it so they did.
They got better but it cost a lot and took a long time. Apparently it didn't work.

Now electric cars to save emissions. That's fine but power generation will have to be stepped up to meet the demand so there is more to it than just the car.
What kind of fuel is the generation plant going to use. I would rather not see more nuclear plants. That waste lasts about for ever. We can't do hydro. Everything else is dirty. I guess we can cover the land with solar panels and drive on sunny days..
If you want a battery operated car get yourself one.
Just don't think it has anything to do with the climate. The car may not smoke but the power plant will. Lithium mines are nasty. Old batteries laying around. You know they will. There is always things not anticipated.
Find out for yourself who the major players are. Are you not working and paying out before you see your check enough now. Are you really proud of spending billions on big fans. What if we spent that money on schools and school security. We need to take care of our kids. The people 100 years from now will take care of their kids. Young people don't want to hear anything from their elders now much less in 100 years.
Whatever we do will look foolish in 100 years.
Always follow the money. The money don't lie.

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
IDK. Do I care if people have them? No not at all. Do I think a man driving one is queer as a $2 bill? Yes. Not saying it's right or rational but I just don't see them as being useful for the things me and people like me do 365 days a year. Admittedly I'm no expert on them but just seem like one of those "good idea bad execution" deals to me. They tell you all the great beneficial ways they help but never include the negatives. It just doesn't seem realistic for every American to have one and there not be more problems than could be fixed. I doubt there's any shade tree e-car mechanics around.....yet.

More power to you but I'll pass. The fact that it feels like its being "forced or pushed" at this current time makes me disslike them and whoevers pushing for them even more honestly

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
Just wondering what happens to electric cars when they wreck.
With all the juice do they get damaged cables that get hot and maybe catch fire? Does the battery pack burst?
Will the battery explode or just quietly burn. I have seen video of then burning at charging stations. Burned a whole row of them. Batteries burned really hot looked like.
What kind of things happen? Or not happen?
Are they as safe, safer or no difference than fuel burners.
What happens when an electric and gas burner collide?

·
Registered
5,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 ·
IDK. Do I care if people have them? No not at all. Do I think a man driving one is queer as a $2 bill? Yes. Not saying it's right or rational but I just don't see them as being useful for the things me and people like me do 365 days a year. Admittedly I'm no expert on them but just seem like one of those "good idea bad execution" deals to me. They tell you all the great beneficial ways they help but never include the negatives. It just doesn't seem realistic for every American to have one and there not be more problems than could be fixed. I doubt there's any shade tree e-car mechanics around.....yet.

More power to you but I'll pass. The fact that it feels like its being "forced or pushed" at this current time makes me disslike them and whoevers pushing for them even more honestly
Agree 100%

·
Registered
1 Posts
I agree with the comment below. Electric cars are very convenient and practical when traveling. Suppose you are traveling from one country to another. In that case, such cars allow you to save on fuel, especially since each country has a different cost. In addition to transportation, you need to consider the accommodation where you will be able to stay. Such accommodation should fully meet all your needs. And to travel light, you should think in advance about how the apartment should be equipped, so there is no need to take extra things. Tell me, how do you prepare for travel?

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
I am starting to like this DeSantis some. It’s about time we had a Republican who cared a bit about the environment. We need better leadership in both parties. Trump/Biden is not a good choice either way, in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Huntsman I just can't figure you out You either got way way more money than most of us or You just enjoy being broke That is where we are headed with the plan that is in place If the next administration whoever it is continues on the same path Good money after bad We just ain't there yet and so many are fooled The drawbacks to these EVs are still too great for the average guy and many of those are environmental But have no fear the folks selling them and pushing them will make millions upon millions just as intended You will just pay for more electricity The pollution will be from lithium and those petroleum products will still be used to make them and other products

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
Where do dead electric car batteries go?

Even cobalt-free batteries are toxic and a fire danger, though they still contain plenty of valuable materials, like lithium and nickel. But recycling them responsibly is simply less profitable. In short, whoever ends up with a dead battery will likely have to pay a recycler to take it off their hands.Nov 2, 2021

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
DeSantis is no fool. If Biden is going to throw away. billions of dollars, Florida should apply for a few million.
I would buy a Tesla small truck if I had any confidence the power would be available.
I don't expect the power grid to be updated in my life time.
DeSantis, may have the resolve to get it done in Florida, but where is he going to find the power plants to keep them charged.
There is no indication any of the democrat ran states or cities have that resolve to handle a problem.

101 - 120 of 131 Posts