Rabbit Dogs banner
81 - 100 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
I say I’m neutral because I’m not a hater. I think EV’s have a place but they are not for me. That’s all…

2035 is only alittle over a dozen years away. They are less than 1% on the road in the US now and I believe and they will be less than 10% OTR in the US in 2035.
And Huntsman says there will be how many on the road in the US in 2035 ?
Wait and see. They are selling as fast as they can make them.

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 · (Edited)

This could be us next.
I am completely neutral on the EV, If that’s what you wanna drive, go for it. But don’t legislate the combustion engine out, let the market place decide. But we can’t do that because EV would never reach 10% of vehicles on the road on their own merit.
That’s why VW and the rest are going all in on EV. They won’t be able to sell cars in the EU after 2035 unless EV.
Are these the country’s we’re supposed to be like???
Wait and see. They are selling as fast as they can make them.
I have friends and family in the new car business, have been for years ....EV'S are not as hot as you think ...
some areas want them and others dont ....they really are grocery getters at best ,
I'm not arguing with anyone but I promise you as soon as this whack job is gone in office this crap will die back ...
There are no new cars/trucks at the moment anything they can get sells as soon as it hits the lot .most are sold before it arrives on the car hauler ...and there pre ordered ,thats the new way they want it ..no inventory sitting around ,no rebates and no deals ,there making record profits

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
The Ford Lightning pickup completely sold out the 2022 model before they even went into production. The Teslas are all over the highways, and I don't think all those people are going for groceries. We stopped on I-75 at London, KY last fall on our way to the Smokies and there was a Tesla charging station behind a McDonalds. Cars were rolling in off the highway in a steady stream for recharging. And keep in mind this is all relatively new. As soon as more people see how nice these EVs are, the demand will skyrocket. Now, I did see a Chevrolet Bolt parked next to us at the grocery store this afternoon!

·
Registered
4,079 Posts
5 SOLAS AND ANY ENGINEERS~~~ why cant they put the driveshaft thru a pully and install a generator to keep the batters charged as they drive?? belt driven generator like the old old vehicles
Will, I have been saying that for years, but everyone tells me I am cr azy!!! They are probably right, but my neighbor years ago had a small camper trailer in his hunting club where no power was available. He had a small mower motor mounted so it turned an old time generator charging a 12 volt bulb that looked like a house bulb at the time. It did the job giving his little camp all the light needed. When the bulb started getting dim he would crank up the small engine, let it run a while then shut the motor off . He got way more hours of light compared to the time he let the small engine run. Back then the generators we now use in times of emergency or worksites without power yet were not popular or affordable for most. This small homemade setup didn't produce normal house power but surely was better then a gas light that was dangerous.

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Ain't it great.
Wind turbines. Solar panels. Battery operated cars.
The USA! Leading the world down the rainbow path.
If not for the fact that Joe Biden who is leading the charge has proved himself an independent thinker who has only the security and well being of the country at heart and is so much more than a hair sniffer people would not have this kind of confidence.
Gas topped 5 a gallon nation wide they say. That will bring the country together.
Inflation at a 40 year high. Baby formula shortage. To be fair nobody told Biden he says.
Tampon shortages. To be fair Biden should have seen this one coming.
Farm diesel over 5 a gallon. Don't be concerned though. Most people get their food at the grocery store.
He was able to see that an election was the answer to the virus when others could not.
The border wide open. Some would have thought a stream of people with little to offer at this time might have been to many feet under the table. The confidence Biden has in tax payers to foot the bill is remarkable. He understands better than most as he has soaked tax payers for 49 years.
When he says "I don't know" you can put your confidence in that. That's truth if it ever was told.
Don't forget the VP and Pelosi backing his play from the sidelines. They really are inspiring. Recently they both went on world wide TV drunk as a hoot owl. Pelosi was even giggling like a school girl.
He could tell right off that the folks burning down the cities and investing in wide screens and tennis shoes were protesters and the people at the capitol are insurrectionist who must go to jail. (They failed because nobody brought any matches)
Fundamental change. Reset. Build back better. (That's why the burning so we can build back better. Genius) At this point what does it matter.
Don't be a nay say. Get on board.
Without a doubt this is the time to go batteries. The new world order demands it.
Everyone fire a couple blasts from the double barrel from the balcony tonight in celebration.

I know Huntsman. Just silly. Not a speck of truth in it.

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
The Ford Lightning pickup completely sold out the 2022 model before they even went into production. The Teslas are all over the highways, and I don't think all those people are going for groceries. We stopped on I-75 at London, KY last fall on our way to the Smokies and there was a Tesla charging station behind a McDonalds. Cars were rolling in off the highway in a steady stream for recharging. And keep in mind this is all relatively new. As soon as more people see how nice these EVs are, the demand will skyrocket. Now, I did see a Chevrolet Bolt parked next to us at the grocery store this afternoon!
Huntsman I'm thrilled your a lover of ev's good for you .
I'm not sure what you do daily but here we pull ocean boats ,airboats, side x side trailers ,tractors and work trailers ,,ev's wont work for us ...I'm 6 ft 1'' @ 245 lbs so a Tesla ,prias or bolt wont ever be on my daily driving list ...Lol
Good luck to you my friend hope they work for you

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
That governor in Florida is just another whack job ! Career politician with his hand out soon as he’s voted out all this ev crap will go away you all got warm and fuzzy about his tax cuts to the football team Lol but he wants a billion dollars for climate change! BTW did you hear Florida is #2 for new evs sales!
Product Font Technology Screenshot Advertising

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Chevrolet is planning to release a version of its electric Silverado that will tow up to 20,000 lbs, same as the current Silverado 2500 trucks. We’ll have to see about battery range, etc, but once again, these are just the initial models and will get better.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Sounds like the free market is working in Florida.
People have the freedom to buy what suits them.

Florida also has a great governor that is preparing his state for any scenario.

And yes, lots of new residents from blue states. Hope they don’t vote the way their former home state votes.
Too bad California doesn’t believe in freedom. They not only outlawed vehicles with combustion engines by 2035, but also all yard/garden equipment, residential or commercial, generators, and any off-road vehicle with small engines under 25 hp.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
6,397 Posts
HUNTSMAN~~~i have driven ford trucks as long as i been driving ---owned a new chevy and the shop had it more than me-------I looked up the price on an F150 and my pacemaker almost went off---169 thousand no way

·
Registered
6,194 Posts
I wonder how much time some of you put in on rabbit dogs complaining about policies/ platforms in your home state thats supported by the Governor you voted for? I didn’t vote for the guy….why don’t you complain to your governor/ legislation/ congress person !
I have and it lands on deaf ears and i will receive their answer in a Political Form letter response on my e-mail. That satisfies them but not me.
The electoral college is the deciding vote to get into the President’s office. The popular vote does not matter. Just ask Al Gore. Just saying. JMHO

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
The voters in California elected there Governor when they tried to recall him he survived the recall with a majority of voters I don’t live in California …….they got what they voted for if they didn’t they would have replaced there leadership, the fact is it’s just much easier to piss n moan about a topic when in actuality they got what they wanted…..the folks in Florida are buying EVS , because that’s what they want , personally I could care less what they drive some politicians in DC aren’t buying them and giving them away….

·
Registered
6,194 Posts
The voters in California elected there Governor when they tried to recall him he survived the recall with a majority of voters I don’t live in California …….they got what they voted for if they didn’t they would have replaced there leadership, the fact is it’s just much easier to piss n moan about a topic when in actuality they got what they wanted…..the folks in Florida are buying EVS , because that’s what they want , personally I could care less what they drive some politicians in DC aren’t buying them and giving them away….
Wilbur our Michigan governor had her life threatened twice along with a planned kidnapping and being held hostage. The perps are being prosecute. I just hope they fix our roads because they are terrible. Ever drove in Michigan? You need to keep your mouth shut or your will bite your tongue off. Just saying. JMHO

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
HUNTSMAN~~~i have driven ford trucks as long as i been driving ---owned a new chevy and the shop had it more than me-------I looked up the price on an F150 and my pacemaker almost went off---169 thousand no way
Will, the base model Ford Lightning pickup is sticker price $39,974, the XLT is $52,974, and top of the line trim is $90,474, although some individual dealers are marking them up because they were in such demand and in limited supply. Ford did a good job with pricing, and in making the electric truck look like a regular Ford truck.

I have never owned a Ford vehicle, but have had several GMC/Chevrolet trucks. I am looking forward to the Silverado E with its 400 mile range. People are already putting deposits down on them.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Will, the base model Ford Lightning pickup is sticker price $39,974, the XLT is $52,974, and top of the line trim is $90,474, although some individual dealers are marking them up because they were in such demand and in limited supply. Ford did a good job with pricing, and in making the electric truck look like a regular Ford truck.

I have never owned a Ford vehicle, but have had several GMC/Chevrolet trucks. I am looking forward to the Silverado E with its 400 mile range. People are already putting deposits down on them.

81 - 100 of 126 Posts