Rabbit Dogs banner
1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
2000 miles for $175 ain’t bad! The charging infrastructure, battery range, and everything behind EVs will continue to improve. Toyota is even experimenting with solar panels in the roof of a vehicle, so you can charge as you go. Exciting times, and much better for our environment over the life of the vehicle. I look forward to comparing the Silverado E to the Ford Lightning.

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
2000 miles for $175 ain’t bad! The charging infrastructure, battery range, and everything behind EVs will continue to improve. Toyota is even experimenting with solar panels in the roof of a vehicle, so you can charge as you go. Exciting times, and much better for our environment over the life of the vehicle. I look forward to comparing the Silverado E to the Ford Lightning.
What about the people that can't afford a electric vehicle?And don't say they'll come down in price.

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
What is the plan for the old batteries. They say they have about five years of life.
276 million autos in the US so say half go to batteries that's about 126 million. They will not go bad all at once of course.
I know they must have something worked out. Of course the longer it goes the more people will go electric so it will be an increasing number over time.
This may work out because people will find themselves walking which we need to do anyway and having good air to breath will be great.
I think I am beginning to catch on to this.
Since the power grid is maxed out now it makes perfect sense to take generators off line and replace with solar. That will prevent the lines from melting because of overload. As one charging station equates to 20 homes power draw per some experts that would be like adding a small subdivision for each charging station.
Electric cars may open up many new opportunities not realized yet. Example: when a car breaks down during heavy traffic that will require a helicopter wrecker to drop down and pick it up because you will not be able to get to it any other way.
Whole new industry right there.
Yes. this may work out after all.
Imagine how much better it will be when evacuating the path of a hurricane for example. None of that annoying horn blowing at the gas station. People will be able to line up quietly in an organized fashion and charge up. Of course because it is stormy it will be cloudy and solar generation will be down but I am sure they have accounted for little things like that.
If there should be black outs there would be no crime like now because everyone will be unarmed. There will be young men out moving about to help for sure. You will be able to tell who they are because they have 13 tats on their face.
This is going to be exciting for sure.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
What is the plan for the old batteries. They say they have about five years of life.
276 million autos in the US so say half go to batteries that's about 126 million. They will not go bad all at once of course.
I know they must have something worked out. Of course the longer it goes the more people will go electric so it will be an increasing number over time.
This may work out because people will find themselves walking which we need to do anyway and having good air to breath will be great.
I think I am beginning to catch on to this.
Since the power grid is maxed out now it makes perfect sense to take generators off line and replace with solar. That will prevent the lines from melting because of overload. As one charging station equates to 20 homes power draw per some experts that would be like adding a small subdivision for each charging station.
Electric cars may open up many new opportunities not realized yet. Example: when a car breaks down during heavy traffic that will require a helicopter wrecker to drop down and pick it up because you will not be able to get to it any other way.
Whole new industry right there.
Yes. this may work out after all.
Imagine how much better it will be when evacuating the path of a hurricane for example. None of that annoying horn blowing at the gas station. People will be able to line up quietly in an organized fashion and charge up. Of course because it is stormy it will be cloudy and solar generation will be down but I am sure they have accounted for little things like that.
If there should be black outs there would be no crime like now because everyone will be unarmed. There will be young men out moving about to help for sure. You will be able to tell who they are because they have 13 tats on their face.
This is going to be exciting for sure.
Just a silly post.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Wonder what happens to all the old gas and diesel burners Gets to be a pretty good size scrap yard when you junking vehicles that are still running
Wonder what the cost to charge will be as electricity prices increase All those power companies are gonna make the necessary system improvements to the grid to handle the extra load for ev’s out of the goodness of their heart LOL Hell maybe Uncle Joe will just have em print up some more money to take care of it That way them boys can get to work and get it done in a day or two And I am sure all these supply houses just have about a gabillion miles of wire laying around along with the poles and insulators and hardware and then endless numbers of control panels for all Of the upgraded reclosing and sectionalizing equipment to use on all this new line Man is it gonna be nice being able to work on all this nice brand new equipment when I am on trouble call Thanks Joe for looking out for me LOL

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wonder what happens to all the old gas and diesel burners Gets to be a pretty good size scrap yard when you junking vehicles that are still running
Wonder what the cost to charge will be as electricity prices increase All those power companies are gonna make the necessary system improvements to the grid to handle the extra load for ev’s out of the goodness of their heart LOL Hell maybe Uncle Joe will just have em print up some more money to take care of it That way them boys can get to work and get it done in a day or two And I am sure all these supply houses just have about a gabillion miles of wire laying around along with the poles and insulators and hardware and then endless numbers of control panels for all Of the upgraded reclosing and sectionalizing equipment to use on all this new line Man is it gonna be nice being able to work on all this nice brand new equipment when I am on trouble call Thanks Joe for looking out for me LOL
Dont worry Jeffro as soon as he's out of office its all tumbling down ,dont fall for it yet !

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
The EVs are here to stay, and will evolve into even better vehicles in time. No “tumbling down” there. They can’t build EVs, hybrids, and plug-in hybrids fast enough, not just because of gasoline prices, but also because they are just such nice vehicles to drive. Teslas are everywhere already, and you don’t see them sitting beside the roads with discharged batteries. Nearly everyone who owns one would buy another, and the starting price for lower end models is not too high compared to other new cars.

Frankly, I am surprised that so many of you, being outdoorsmen?, are so negative toward new technologies that will help the environment. It would seem to me that green energy would be a no brainer as far as your support. It doesn’t have to be so political - Democrat vs Republican - you CAN think independently.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I agree EV's are here to stay and they will improve in range dramatically in just a few years. If I could jump in one today and take off and drive for 8 to 10 hours non stop I'd own one now. Problem is they can't (not just yet). I know it can be done because an electric fork lift can run for 8 to 12 hours almost nonstop before needing to be plugged in and charge over night.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
Yeah they’re hear to stay and the range will improve as time goes on technology always does. As far as green energy, it’s the way of the future & probably what we will be going to war over before long. But I don’t believe the support network or reliability is quite there yet. Once we introduce another 300,000 vehicles over the next year that need charger’s to run on a daily basis I guess we will see JMO

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Do not misunderstand.
I am proud of the younger generations. Most of them.
It does me good to know they still have an air of innocence about them so to speak.
I am glad they are looking for answers.
I believe they will find a better fuel. I believe there will be a better fuel.
I just hope they don't buy into something and spend a generation trying to make something work that may not be the answer.
I don't think they are aspiring high enough. They will have to over come the corruption that may promote a plan that is not genuine.
There is so much money involved in this green energy thing and the results have been lackluster.
There certainly must be energy sources that have more potential than batteries. Lets not get tunnel vision. With all the great minds coming along the best we can do is batteries?
The fact that battery cars and lithium mining and so on is being promoted/invested in by billionaires who will control said energy makes me nervous. They are sucking billions of tax revenue into this green thing. We have already been down this road some and it would up with bankrupt companies and wasted resources.
Most good things come from industrious men who research outside the box.
There might be something out there already that is being stifled. It happens. I have seen it happen and you have also.
Do you really believe Bill Gates and Warren Buffet and Musk and Bezos have the interest of their fellow man at heart?
This is where the money is winding up.
What if someone found a source of energy that was cheap and renewable and exhausted no pollution and was available to everyone? I am not sure the billion airs would let it see the light of day.
What if instead of investing in big fans to capture carbon we planted 3.5 billion dollars worth of trees. ( dept of energy investment of tax money for one fan) Trees don't cost anything to grow and they are Gods solution. At one time there was way more carbon in the air than there is now. Do we believe that trees are old fashion and won't work because the fan salesman said so.
I believe there is something better and I believe the young folks will find it if they don't get the wool pulled over their eyes.
I don't know how you maintain that beautiful feeling of innocents and at the same time see the reality of the world as it is.
Just doing something for the sake of doing something hardly ever makes things better.
We are about to invest the future on theories that have not shown the potential that is going to be needed..
I expected to see travel go from ground to air eliminating the cost of roads and bridges and pollution and all the waste involved with that.
But instead of striving for a real solution to take us into the future we are going to go with batteries.

But what do I know. I am just a silly old man.

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
I had a high school teacher that told us there would soon be a ship that could go into space and return to earth. That is would be able to be used many times and ordinary people might someday be able to travel on it.
The school board had meetings about this and he was forced to retire.

How are we going to generate enough electricity. Solar and wind is not going to do it. That is some of the ugliest pollution.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
The first ship didnt sail around the globe, first plane didnt cross the Atlantic, first car didn’t go 100 mph , your hung up on what you think, you know, you want, you believe, it’s not all gonna be perfect first time around , non starters, nay sayers, haters, can’t be done, won’t work folks ,negative Nellys, have always been with us! They told FORD there was no future in the automobile also

1 - 20 of 126 Posts