Rabbit Dogs banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the back woods of Miss. there is an old country boy who is still untouched by the modern economic system. He lives in a small shot gun house and He loves off the land. He catches fish from the river. Kills deer for his meat, grows a his own vegetables and tobacco, and drinks spring water. A neighbor who had moved to the city and discovered city living visited him recently and urged him to wise up, move to a city, and get a job in a factory that was paying high wages.
"You ain't getting anywhere just staying here where you was born, doin' nothin'," the neighbor said.

"Ain't gettin' nowhere?" the old country boy exclaimed. "I wouldn't say that! When my daddy died and left me, I didn't have nothin'. But look at me now. I got nine dogs!":smack:

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
All kidding aside, you are supose to pay sales tax on every puppy you sell if you have a kennel. My wife has a dachshund kennel. The state of Arkansas called her a year or 2 ago and told her she had to pay taxes on every dog she had sold in the state of Arkansas. She had to go back through her records and pay the state a percentage of the price she had gotten for each pup she had sold. She now does it every quarter. The govt. will find a way to get a their hand in whatever you are doing.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
All kidding aside, you are supose to pay sales tax on every puppy you sell if you have a kennel. My wife has a dachshund kennel. The state of Arkansas called her a year or 2 ago and told her she had to pay taxes on every dog she had sold in the state of Arkansas. She had to go back through her records and pay the state a percentage of the price she had gotten for each pup she had sold. She now does it every quarter. The govt. will find a way to get a their hand in whatever you are doing.
So claim them at tax time, show them how much money you lost and let them send it back... with interest! :up:

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
If you are going to pay taxes on puppy sales, keep up with the feed and other expenses associated with raising dogs and use it as a deduction. You could probably buy a new kennel and depreciate it off as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts