Rabbit Dogs banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of building an above ground kennel. I saw this fence wondering about using it between each run(6 run) and outside. You can get 4ft x 200ft for $235.00(at Rural King). Has anyone had any experience with it? Or have any better alternative? Was looking for something heavy gauge maybe coated but most stuff is very high unless you get it at a chain store, because of shipping.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I don’t like above ground kennels, but the Red Brand horse fence is great. I just fenced about a half acre with it to make an exercise yard for my hounds. I can say it’s great to work with. There are videos on YouTube showing how to strip back the wires so you can tie off the ends for stretching.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Another alternative is chain link it comes in 4 5 6 ft. legths if the kennel is 8 ft mine are and the houses are 32 in of that 8 ft making the runs a little over 5 ft. Instead of standing the chain link up turn it so it runs left to rt. Just cut the same wire at both ends and turn it out like a screw to make it the height of the runs a 50 ft roll goes a long way and is cheap enough and plenty strong enough. Hope my explanation of how to use chain link makes sense if not get back to me and maybe i can send a picture of mine. I have a 8 run and a 6 run.The runs are 3 ft wide

·
Registered
838 Posts
I use the 16 ft X 5 ft horse panels....make the height 28 inches so that gives me 32 feet to work with.....the panels run me about $56 at Tractor Supply.

Finished product.....I built 4 just like this

1 - 20 of 26 Posts