Rabbit Dogs banner
161 - 180 of 213 Posts

·
SUPER MODERATOR
5,980 Posts
THANKS EVERYBODY for making me feel a part of the event from afar-------i really had my heart set on going.
THANKS for all the pictures and video---we got something good goin on with this get togather---I pray everybody will support it and it gets bigger and better as we go along
I feel honored about my pups pleasing their owners and them enjoying them---i will be didicating more for the cause ---just ant figured out how to do it yet.
READY TO START PLANNING NEXT YEARS EVENT!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
Thanks for sharing the pictures. I really wish I could of been there. I just was not able to make the trip. My health is up and down these days. I Thankyou again for Honoring Me!!! The Greatest thing that happened to me in Beagling. I know their are a lot of Members on this site that deserve this Honor, I feel more then I do and look forward to see who gets this Honor Next Year!!! Who knows??, Maybe next year this old worn out man may just sneak up on you. LOL!! I seem to be a little better today then yesterday. Doctors appointment Thursday.

I hope Rabbitdogs.net keeps up the good work. Promoting this Sport is the only way it will continue for years to come. I was happy to see the smiles on the young beaglers faces with them wearing their leads. The first lead I gave my Grandson, I think he wore it to bed a few nights. They live next door, when I see him coming in my back door with his lead around his neck I know what that means. He is indirectly asking me if we can go run dogs. I gave him a couple dogs, but hoping one of the pups I have turns out to be Field Trial worthy that he can really have fun with. He really wants to hunt, but the Hunting Clubs have everything sewed up around here and the farm lands have no cover these days to hold rabbits. Coyotes are getting the few they have. Now the Coyotes are coming in our yards and killing our pets. The Wildlife and Fisheries here do nothing to control them, as they are struggling with funds to operate. Lost of Hunting Licenses sold, not many youth interested in Hunting these days.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Thanks for sharing the pictures. I really wish I could of been there. I just was not able to make the trip. My health is up and down these days. I Thankyou again for Honoring Me!!! The Greatest thing that happened to me in Beagling. I know their are a lot of Members on this site that deserve this Honor, I feel more then I do and look forward to see who gets this Honor Next Year!!! Who knows??, Maybe next year this old worn out man may just sneak up on you. LOL!! I seem to be a little better today then yesterday. Doctors appointment Thursday.

I hope Rabbitdogs.net keeps up the good work. Promoting this Sport is the only way it will continue for years to come. I was happy to see the smiles on the young beaglers faces with them wearing their leads. The first lead I gave my Grandson, I think he wore it to bed a few nights. They live next door, when I see him coming in my back door with his lead around his neck I know what that means. He is indirectly asking me if we can go run dogs. I gave him a couple dogs, but hoping one of the pups I have turns out to be Field Trial worthy that he can really have fun with. He really wants to hunt, but the Hunting Clubs have everything sewed up around here and the farm lands have no cover these days to hold rabbits. Coyotes are getting the few they have. Now the Coyotes are coming in our yards and killing our pets. The Wildlife and Fisheries here do nothing to control them, as they are struggling with funds to operate. Lost of Hunting Licenses sold, not many youth interested in Hunting these days.
Mr John I am sure I speak for many, In my humble onion there are none more deserving, Thanks for all you do for others with the pedigree help, its much appreciated

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #167 · (Edited)
3rd Annual Rabbitdogs.net Hunt & Raffle

Date:
Friday, April 23rd through Sunday, April 25th

1570 White Road
Somerset, KY. 42503

Rabbit Run Reservation Contact:
Jackie Johnson, 606-305-5697
Private room - $100.00/night
Bunkhouse - $50.00/night

Super 8 Motel:
606-679-9279
601 South Highway 27
Somerset, KY. 42501

Headcount:
  1. Host, KyBrushBuster (4 youth)
  2. TJRANGER, 3 staying at RR (1 youth)
  3. Curnel, 2 staying at RR
  4. TatorNort, 4 camping at RR (2 youth)
  5. John Taylor, 2 staying at RR
  6. tangibeagler1982, 2 staying at RR
  7. Stoney Creek Hounds, 2 (1 youth)
  8. Jeffro, 3 (2 youth)
  9. Otte
  10. rienmark

People staying at Rabbit Run are highlighted in red.

Raffle Prizes:
Drawing will be held Saturday night, 4/24/21

1. Grand prize, TC Contender G2 .410 Pistol - Vance Blevins (KyBrushBuster)
  2. Commemorative Knife - Harris Hound Supply - Dave Arnold
  3. Pro 70 trainer w/2 collars - Robert Dunn - Keith Curnel
  4. $100.00 BPS gift certificate - Gary Otte - Keith Curnel
  5. $25.00 gift certificate - Okie Dog Supply - Steve Heurtin (tangibeagler1982)
  6. $25.00 gift certificate - Okie Dog Supply - Angie Greer
  7. $25.00 gift certificate - Okie Dog Supply - Kenny Williams (Woodchuck)
  8. $25.00 gift certificate - Okie Dog Supply - Will Messer
  9. $25.00 gift certificate - Harris Hound Supply - Carl Scott
  10. $25.00 gift certificate - Harris Hound Supply - Gary Otte
  11. $25.00 gift certificate - Harris Hound Supply - Keith Curnel
  12. $25.00 gift certificate - Harris Hound Supply - Dave Arnold
  13. 2 bags Tops/ValuPak dogfood - Donnie Curnel
  14. 2 bags Tops/ValuPak dogfood - Aaron Curnel
  15. 2 bags Tops/ValuPak dogfood - Steve Heurtin (tangibeagler1982)
  16. 2 bags Tops/ValuPak dogfood - Angie Greer
  17. 2 bags Tops/ValuPak dogfood - Jon Brock (Stoney Creek Hounds)
Extra Raffle:

• Dogtra training system - Blake McBay/Will Messer - Charles Jacobs
Youth Raffle:

• New NRA Youth Membership - Swampman - Joyce Blevins
  • Every youth participating will get their name entered and winner picked end of hunt on Sunday
Tickets available through TJ Ranger, PM or call 501-831-3312

·
Super Moderator
6,744 Posts
I want to Thank the Planning Committee for planning and making our 3rd Annual Rabbitdogs.net Hunt/Event very successful even tho we had to cancel and reschedule. We raised a little over $6000 between the pup auction and raffle ticket sales and donations. We lost our Bass Pro Sponsorship so we had to cover all cost of event and raffle which totaled 2100.
Your 2021 planning Committee agrees that we hold $2000 for 4th Annual Hunt and send a $2000 check to the Deep South Jr Handlers Program. We would like to Thank all of you who donated, sold tickets, bought tickets, or helped in anyway to make the 3rd Annual Rabbitdogs.net Hunt Event the best yet. Thanks

·
Registered
349 Posts
My wife and I wish to convey our thanks to the planning committee and our appreciation to all who attended the event. We haven't traveled at all since the start of the covid lockdown and we really enjoyed ourselves! I don't think anything could have made the weekend better. The facilities and grounds were first class! Great dogs and great people! A special thanks to our host Vance and Mr Jackie and his wife for making our stay so comfortable. Already looking forward to next year!!

·
Super Moderator
6,744 Posts
Talked to Mr Joe Hodges (who is President of the DSBGF )and he was very appreciative of the $2000 raised for their Jr Handlers Program. I will be sending him a check today. He wanted me to pass on to you guys a Very Heartfelt Thankyou! Well done guys!!

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
Thankyou Tangibeagler and your wife for delivering the Banners!!! I enjoyed the visit. I just wish I would of thought of taking a picture earlier before you left. I would of loved the picture to include you.

Thankyou all so much for Honoring me!!! I wish I could of been able to attend. I am slowly physically getting better, but still have a way to go. Mentally, probably will not get better. Today was a great day. Just having trouble with names. My kids surprised me. My older son, daughter inlaw and my daughter and grandchildren were here when Tangibeagler showed up with the Banners.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Thankyou Tangibeagler and your wife for delivering the Banners!!! I enjoyed the visit. I just wish I would of thought of taking a picture earlier before you left. I would of loved the picture to include you.

Thankyou all so much for Honoring me!!! I wish I could of been able to attend. I am slowly physically getting better, but still have a way to go. Mentally, probably will not get better. Today was a great day. Just having trouble with names. My kids surprised me. My older son, daughter inlaw and my daughter and grandchildren were here when Tangibeagler showed up with the Banners.
My wife and I were very pleased to meet you and your family! Enjoyed the visit and the chance to talk to a true houndsman. Loved it when your grandson saw the banner and said "poppa is famous"!! Wish you a speedy recovery and God's blessings.

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
My wife and I were very pleased to meet you and your family! Enjoyed the visit and the chance to talk to a true houndsman. Loved it when your grandson saw the banner and said "poppa is famous"!! Wish you a speedy recovery and God's blessings.
Tangibeagler

My Grandson is proud to tell people that he and I have the same First and last names. We also have the same initials, but not the same middle name. He loves Beagles. He wears a camo Beagle Cap almost all the time and it is funny he didn't have his dog lead around his neck. I think I saw him showing your wife the Beagle Female that I gave him. She was a this years derby, but just not ready yet. Before I gave her to him she was just barely started. He put a lot of work in her. Is a small dog compared to my others. She has a big dog voice though and is showing talent. She just doesn't have the speed to compete in SPO at this time. She is clean with her mouth, runs the whole line, but very independent. If she gets the check she can drive it, but once it gets taken from her she struggles from the back to catch enough line. I think she may lack some nose to figure out which is dog and which is rabbit scent. Will see how she turns out. I hope one of the male pups turns out. He doesn't know yet, but if one turns out I will give it to him. Just don't want to load him up with what could be culls, since he won't get rid of any.
Thanks for the visit and delivering the Banners!!!!

161 - 180 of 213 Posts