Rabbit Dogs banner

21 - 40 of 84 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,359 Posts
Guys Rowdy will be updating the list in next day or so. We also need to know how many 16 and under (youth) will be attending as we will have items to present to them. So when you confirm state how many adults/ youth and if you will be staying at RR site. Example:
TJ/wife/1 youth staying at RR

·
Registered
763 Posts
Need people to sigh up
Me and my youngest son his 14 along with 2/4 hounds are going to do are best to make it.. Will no more in next few weeks To schedule may be for a day hopefully 2.. Depending on schedule along with everything else going on . It usually never fells planning something then bam 💥 have to cancel . at last days notice... We love to meet and run hounds and good fellow ship with every one.. keep posted... If so will put in for private room at Rabbit run at Jackie’s If it is available at time good luck to all hope to see some of you soon For some fun and a great time..

·
Super Moderator
6,359 Posts
Friday- check in and visit and run dogs
Lunch on your own/ available to purchase at clubhouse
Dinner at clubhouse/ provided
Saturday-breakfast on your own(available to purchase at Clubhouse)
Lunch- on your own (available to purchase at clubhouse
Sign up for time slot to run if needed otherwise just run at pleasure( more to be posted as we see numbers)
Dinner-6pm at Clubhouse (furnished)
Presentation of Banner Ceremony to Honoree
Raffle
Social time
Sunday
Breakfast on your own
Run dogs and visit
Noon- checkout

·
Registered
514 Posts
That was the biggest shortcoming that as a newbie was difficult. But it also made it neat. As I saw it I did know what was coming next maybe my past history with technical conferences that had agenda and an accounting for each minute made me expect something different.
Friday Night - Greenhaw told me just to show up at Estill Springs community center. No problem my dad had gone to elementary school there and we had had family reunions there. I felt guilty showing up and eating ( there was no place to pay ) what gives with that. Wade did not explain it just said it was covered. So Friday I meet sat around and eat and talked to many guys from this site. Mr. Dunn, LtElmer, TJ and many others. Neat. Asked what happens next and was told to show up Saturday morning at the same place.
Saturday am showed up and there was another meal. Still could not find a hand or a hat to put money into. I had told Wade that I had a farm that that we could use as a hunting site if needed. He said okay. About 9 am he started dividing people up and you folks go with Burnett, you guys go with Kenneth, started to get worried my name had not been called and then he said "Mater, circle, Otte, Ruger, Louisiana and a couple of other guys I did not know said you guys go with Rick Watkins. The only person I knew was Greenhaw so I did not know what to expect. What a day ! Some of the folks knew each other well. Mater, Ruger and Tangier. Otte and his buddy ( whose name I cannot remember) And Circle and his kids. By the end of the morning I came to the conclusion, that these were a group of good old boys that really shared a love of rabbit hunting. I just ran one of my dogs Tracker. I was stunned at how well the dogs that were just throwed ran together. Tangier little yellow bitch, circle dogs with their cut tails and Ruger & Mater tri & ticked dogs. Otte and his buddy had not brought any dogs but they enjoyed watching and helping Ruger kicking brush. He actually jumped the first rabbit. We broke for lunch and I had to go help my daughter in Nashville move. I think they went back and ate lunch and went hunting somewhere else in the afternoon.
Saturday night I returned to community center some folks we already gone apparently they had had the raffles. There was still food so I ate again. Meet some more folks like Kenneth and Burnett. Some guys had built a roaring fire and people just sat around and talked.
I did not know there was Sunday and I was committed to church so I do not know what happened.
I hope this gives you and idea of what to expect gump. Great chance to meet people and run your dogs with other dogs of all shapes and colors.TJ a piece of paper tacked up with a outline would have helped but I do not think it would have added to my enjoyment. There is no such thing as too much fun.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
I hate to miss this thing myself,... but I’m leaving for our annual New Mexico Turkey Hunt the 27th!
I have met some of the finest people at this hunt!
I really hate missing “The Rick Watkins Show”!!!
They broke the mold when they made that dude! AND THATS A GOOD THING!!! :ROFLMAO:

Just gouging at ya Mr Rick!!!!

Cant wait to see pics and hear the stories!!!

Mater

·
Super Moderator
6,359 Posts
50 Days left till the Rabbitdogs.net Hunt/Event and raffle. Get signed up and get your tickets bought and or turned in. Lots of youth coming and each one will be getting a nice prize. Looking forward to a great time and meeting some of you guys. Remember our Raffle is to support the Jr Handlers Program Deep South Division. Great time to meet and visit and see different type dogs run. Hope to see you there.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I have not had the pleasure of going to one of the events but this Lord willing that will change this year. I try to expose my children to different outdoorsman and especially Christians. If you fit into either category and would like to attend this year but can't due to financial stress. If you will PM me on here I can help a few people out either to stay at Rabbit Run or some stay where close. I'm looking forward to meeting some good houndsman.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Tater, That is a very generous offer, I was hoping to make it this year but once again work is getting in the way, along with our other contracted jobs we are doing a major renovation of my son, daughter inlaw and 6 month old grandsons recently purchased home , not enough hours in the day or days in the week, hopefully next year, sure do hate that I cant be there in person to pick up that contender when I win it. Hope you all have a great time as I am sure you will

21 - 40 of 84 Posts