Rabbit Dogs banner
221 - 232 of 232 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I was informed yesterday that the adult grandson that I planned on bringing has been informed by his boss that even with three months notice if he takes a weekend off to go hunting with grandpa he will be fired.One difference between him and I is that if I were him I would be looking for a new job while I was choosing my words to inform my boss that he is my former boss.In my opinion it takes a lot of gull to treat people like that when you can't go outside without seeing help wanted signs everywhere.At any rate I'm blessed with a deep bench of grandkids and great grandkids so I will be swapping out an adult grandson for a young great grandson. I'm looking forward to meeting you all there.

·
Super Moderator
2,744 Posts
Thanks TJ! You've been a huge help too. Sorry you won't be able to make it but 45th anniversaries only come around once. Take care and see ya next year!

I am waiting on a call back from Mrs. Johnson about meal plans. I will also check to see how many rooms/beds are still available at the grounds. Shouldn't be too late to book and there are plenty of hotels 15 minutes away.

Other than that all we need at this point is some decent weather and plenty of junior handlers.

Come on out and join us!!!

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
I may not get to attend another hunt. Hopefully I will.So My opinion don't mean nothing.But I'll say this.The first hunt was pretty simple.Every body met everybody,ran dogs,ate and drank,Had alot of fun.The kids there had fun.No raffles no charitys.Sounds like your having to beg these trialing federations to accept your gift of jr. handler cash so why do it?.Nothing wrong with simple.I thought I was posting this on the planning 5th hunt thread.Im loosing it.o_O

·
Registered
6,507 Posts
I may not get to attend another hunt. Hopefully I will.So My opinion don't mean nothing.But I'll say this.The first hunt was pretty simple.Every body met everybody,ran dogs,ate and drank,Had alot of fun.The kids there had fun.No raffles no charitys.Sounds like your having to beg these trialing federations to accept your gift of jr. handler cash so why do it?.Nothing wrong with simple.I thought I was posting this on the planning 5th hunt thread.Im loosing it.o_O
Burnett- its OK, it could of been worse posted on another site. We all have our days. Mine are usually in succession. Just saying. JMHO :) (y)(y)

221 - 232 of 232 Posts