Rabbit Dogs banner

Rabbitdogs.net Annual Hunt

39K views 231 replies 41 participants last post by  Foxxy 
#1 · (Edited)
Since my original thread was deleted, I thought I'd re-start it with a brief history.

I brought up how I belong to another forum, The Hunted Hare, and we had an annual "Hunted Hare Hunt". Now, the "hunt" was a bit of an exaggeration, we gathered and ran hounds for a weekend annually, we really didn't do any shooting except when one of our members brought a kid along and we let the kids shoot.

When I brought this up for a Rabbitdogs.net hunt, I suggested the same except I wanted to move it around year to year, North, South, East, West so all members of the forum would eventually get a chance to participate and host if they so choose to. This will also give the opportunity to anyone wanting to travel the experience of running their hounds in different terrain, conditions and on different species (Hare, Swampers, Jacks and Cottontail).

The first year we had many offers to host the "hunt" and eventually it was decided to hold it in TN. Greenhaw (Wade Smith) was very persistent about hosting and had a local facility at his disposal for lodging. It was decided to have Greenhaw host and he did a great job doing so.

The second year, we decided to have a raffle and donate the funds to the junior handlers program, there were many generous donors of raffle prizes and the recipient was the UBGF junior handlers. Again, Greenhaw was persistent about hosting and so it was held in TN. and again he did a great job.

This is the third year, we had it planned for months to be held in Feb. but covid came and we decided back in late Nov./early Dec. to postpone until a later date for safety. The raffle funds recipient was voted on and the Deep South junior handlers had the highest votes. The location was voted on as well and KY. was the highest vote getter with KyBrushBuster (Vance Blevins) hosting.

We are in the process of rescheduling the 2021 hunt and I will be posting it shortly to this thread.
Once I get the rescheduled hunt info. posted, please post relevant info. about the annual hunt here, it makes it easier for me to keep track of participants, etc.

See less See more
#2 ·
PERSONALLY~ I think up north and Alabama and Kansas were the three options left to have the gathering.... I vote to poll the location for the next one and let the participants choose between the three.. EVERY location should have at least one event so everybody can share the experience . KENTUCKY this year and ????? for 2022

#4 · (Edited)
3rd Annual Rabbitdogs.net Hunt & Raffle

Date:
Friday, April 23rd through Sunday, April 25th

1570 White Road
Somerset, KY. 42503
Rabbit Run Reservation Contact:
Jackie Johnson, 606-305-5697
Private room - $100.00/night
Bunkhouse - $50.00/night
Super 8 Motel:
606-679-9279
601 South Highway 27
Somerset, KY. 42501

Headcount:
  1. Host, KyBrushBuster (4 youth)
  2. TJRANGER, 3 staying at RR (1 youth)
  3. Curnel, 2 staying at RR
  4. TatorNort, 4 camping at RR (2 youth)
  5. John Taylor, 2 staying at RR
  6. tangibeagler1982, 2 staying at RR
  7. Stoney Creek Hounds, 2 (1 youth)
  8. Jeffro, 3 (2 youth)
  9. Otte
  10. rienmark

People staying at Rabbit Run are highlighted in red.

Raffle Prizes:
Drawing will be held Saturday night, 4/24/21

1. Grand prize, TC Contender G2 .410 Pistol
  2. Commemorative Knife - Harris Hound Supply
  3. Pro 70 trainer w/2 collars - Robert Dunn
  4. $100.00 BPS gift certificate - Gary Otte
  5. $25.00 gift certificate - Salvation Dog Supply
  6. $25.00 gift certificate - Salvation Dog Supply
  7. $25.00 gift certificate - Salvation Dog Supply
  8. $25.00 gift certificate - Salvation Dog Supply
  9. $25.00 gift certificate - Okie Dog Supply
  10. $25.00 gift certificate - Okie Dog Supply
  11. $25.00 gift certificate - Okie Dog Supply
  12. $25.00 gift certificate - Okie Dog Supply
  13. $25.00 gift certificate - Gun Dog Supply
  14. $25.00 gift certificate - Gun Dog Supply
  15. $25.00 gift certificate - Gun Dog Supply
  16. $25.00 gift certificate - Gun Dog Supply
  17. $25.00 gift certificate - Harris Hound Supply
  18. $25.00 gift certificate - Harris Hound Supply
  19. $25.00 gift certificate - Harris Hound Supply
  20. $25.00 gift certificate - Harris Hound Supply
  21. 2 bags Tops/ValuPak dogfood
  22. 2 bags Tops/ValuPak dogfood
  23. 2 bags Tops/ValuPak dogfood
  24. 2 bags Tops/ValuPak dogfood
Extra Raffle:

• Dogtra training system - Blake McBay/Will Messer
Youth Raffle:

• New NRA Youth Membership - Swampman
  • Every youth participating will get their name entered and winner picked end of hunt on Sunday
Tickets available through TJ Ranger, PM or call 501-831-3312

#23 ·
Me and my youngest son his 14 along with 2/4 hounds are going to do are best to make it.. Will no more in next few weeks To schedule may be for a day hopefully 2.. Depending on schedule along with everything else going on . It usually never fells planning something then bam 💥 have to cancel . at last days notice... We love to meet and run hounds and good fellow ship with every one.. keep posted... If so will put in for private room at Rabbit run at Jackie’s If it is available at time good luck to all hope to see some of you soon For some fun and a great time..

#27 ·
Friday- check in and visit and run dogs
Lunch on your own/ available to purchase at clubhouse
Dinner at clubhouse/ provided
Saturday-breakfast on your own(available to purchase at Clubhouse)
Lunch- on your own (available to purchase at clubhouse
Sign up for time slot to run if needed otherwise just run at pleasure( more to be posted as we see numbers)
Dinner-6pm at Clubhouse (furnished)
Presentation of Banner Ceremony to Honoree
Raffle
Social time
Sunday
Breakfast on your own
Run dogs and visit
Noon- checkout

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.