Rabbit Dogs banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have any of you guys had any experience with Rabbit Hemorrhagic Disease in your hunting areas? It sounds devastating.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Have not heard of it in the eastern U.S. as yet. If it comes, we may all be running scent from a bottle.

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Have not heard of it in the eastern U.S. as yet. If it comes, we may all be running scent from a bottle.
Running drags just like they did at hound trials in Kenton Ohio.
I watched one of the drag races and there were 7 dogs in the race, the first 5 dogs were greyhounds, each wearing muzzles, sixth a Black and Tan and the last dog was a Golden Retriever. I am sorry but I had to laugh. Points given to first to tree, first to bark, and whatever else they did. Now on how to judge that series, give me beagles. JMO
Maybe Mr. Will can explain it more. JMO

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
No I haven’t , but the game commission put a article about it in the yearly game laws magazine . The deer around here have had it or something like it . I saw one about this time last year last year that was nothing but skin and bones , but eating in my back field . It looked so bad that I called the game department and asked them if they wanted me to kill it so they could test it . I thought it was chronic wasting disease , but the game officer told me that it was probably hemorrhagic disease . He said when they have it they usually don’t make through the winter . But if this one was still alive and eating that it might make it . It was with 2 other healthy looking deer . I guess the deer HD can’t be passed on to rabbits or it is not easily passed on to them from a deer , if that is what the deer had .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts