Rabbit Dogs banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got four- 5 month old pups stool ranges from almost liquid to firm and everything in between, they have been given 3- 5 way shots and 1 -10 way at proper times, The gyp was wormed before breeding and the pups were wormed with safe guard per recommendations and wormed with Drontal Plus at 5 months of age, never seen any sign of worms in stool, last week treated them with Corid mixed 25/75 with water treated them with 3 cc for 5 days straight. They have been fed Joy puppy for 3 months, Valu Pack for a month and Black Gold for a month to try and see if it was food related, still can’t seen to get good solid stools from them, I have tried everything I know to try, pups look, eat and act great, any ideas before I head to the vet?

· Registered
7,375 Posts
Got four- 5 month old pups stool ranges from almost liquid to firm and everything in between, they have been given 3- 5 way shots and 1 -10 way at proper times, The gyp was wormed before breeding and the pups were wormed with safe guard per recommendations and wormed with Drontal Plus at 5 months of age, never seen any sign of worms in stool, last week treated them with Corid mixed 25/75 with water treated them with 3 cc for 5 days straight. They have been fed Joy puppy for 3 months, Valu Pack for a month and Black Gold for a month to try and see if it was food related, still can’t seen to get good solid stools from them, I have tried everything I know to try, pups look, eat and act great, any ideas before I head to the vet?
Myself, I would take one pup to the vet and tell him or her that 3 other pups have the same thing. Hopefully the vet can and will treat the one pup and the other 3 without seeing them. Just saying, JMHO
Are they hydrated? Maybe a dose of Diarrhea over the counter medication would help. Plain white rice, (boiled) and pumpkin can help with the loose stool. JMHO

1 - 11 of 11 Posts