promise land kennel

Discussion in 'Rabbit Hunting and Beagling' started by pa beagler, Feb 9, 2010.

1. pa beagler

pa beagler New Member

i was wondering if anyone ever heard of this kennel? i think they are out of albany, LA. i had a dog that came from there and i'd like to get another. the owners name was danny wainwright, and the blood was a cotton country and a blackwater cross with some bunches bend in there. the dogs name was dixie creek's hardrock candy and the kennel was promise land kennel. she was a great gun dog she died just before christmas and i'd like another. thanks for any help.

2. Echo Hill's

Echo Hill's Member

La
    I know Danny and I don't think he has any more of that particular bloodline anymore. Those came from Wayne Martin and James Eubanks(Cotton Country Kennels) in Oak Grove,La. They were the same thing that most everyone was trailing down here a few years ago. Wayne still has some of that line so check with him.

James

3. pa beagler

pa beagler New Member

thanks i appreciate it. do you have any idea how i could get ahold of him. i bought the dog from a man in maryland so i don't have any contact info for wayne. thanks in advance

4. Echo Hill's

Echo Hill's Member

La
    pa beagler

You have a PM....

James

5. pa beagler

pa beagler New Member

thanks alot i'll try calling him tomorrow i really appreciate it

6. Bglenut

Bglenut New Member

John Porter was the Breeder on Candy - J.L. McCluer has the Dixie Creek Kennel name. I bought the female from J.L. and then Terry Nelson got her from me. Danny bought her from Terry.

She was a great female, just on the small size for me. Great Pedigree.

David N. Riley II - Bglenut
    Briarcreek Beagles
    Madison, MS

www.mlehuntingclothes.com

7. pa beagler

pa beagler New Member

thanks for the info. she was an awesome dog. she was well mannered easy handling, hard hunting and just a real pleasure to run. she would also retrieve a rabbit when shot. she had a fast chop mouth that i loved to listen to. if she had a fault it would be she didn't have a loud voice. i would love to get another pup out of that breeding.

8. Bglenut

Bglenut New Member

I had a brother to her that was rabbit crazy - Nice Gun Dog. I sold him to a friend. Not sure if he still has him or not.

9. Bglenut

Bglenut New Member

10. pa beagler

pa beagler New Member

is that the blood you are runnin now? is it still around in your area?:up: