Rabbit Dogs banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have located a young female that I am interested in purchasing. The only problem is that the owner said when she came in heat, that she turned slightly inside out on her exterior organ. She is young and this was her first heat. Has anyone ever heard of that and what if any long term effects will there be? Will she be able to reproduce?I thought I have read about this before , but I can't remember where.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
I have located a young female that I am interested in purchasing. The only problem is that the owner said when she came in heat, that she turned slightly inside out on her exterior organ. She is young and this was her first heat. Has anyone ever heard of that and what if any long term effects will there be? Will she be able to reproduce?I thought I have read about this before , but I can't remember where.
Poorboy, I've seen cattle do this and the vet or farmer in some cases pushes everything back in place. Usually this is after giving birth and the cow can have another calf but it will consistantly reoccur and the animal will be replaced.

Roger

·
Registered
520 Posts
I have a friend that had a young gyp that protruded everytime she came in heat. The first time he carried her to a vet and he push it back in with a syringe and some gel. After that he always did it himself. I think they said something about putting a stitch in her so she would not come out so badly. He finally had her fixed and sewn up . I don't think he ever got any pups from her.

·
Premium Member
3,041 Posts
Ive never had it happen to one I own before but it seems like I remember reading some people saying that theyve had it happen on the first heat cycle then never again. :headscratch:

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
I had one to do this several years ago and her womb fell out longer than your finger. Best thing to do is put her in a good clean kennel and be sure to keep what came out of her clean. When she starts going out of heat it will begain to dry up and go back in. I didn't try to breed her actually i don't see how she could have bred with all this hanging out of her. Some dogs will have a small cist right on the inside of the vagina and when they come into heat you can see a portion of it, looks like a small round ball but in this case they will breed.

·
Registered
42 Posts
My gyp prolapse on her first heat cycle and I took her to the Vet were they pushed it back in and sticth it in but it didnt work the very next day it pop backout and the vet recommended to spayed her so thats what I did. Good luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts