Rabbit Dogs banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
No, Ohio's season runs to the end of February. He was just saying the (calendar) year finished with a bang.

The snow in the background tells me he's not close to my part of Ohio - our snow is gone in SE Ohio.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Ours goes until the end of February. I wish it closed at the end of January. The population on the few public areas that have rabbit habitat get so much hunting pressure it is hard to have a chase there by the end of February.

·
Registered
393 Posts
We have a lot of hunting grounds and only get to hunt once a week usually with work, church, family time. So it would be nice for an extended season. But I understand conservation completely

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
I am glad our season last until the end of February , because I really can’t run my dogs until after deer season because all of the deer hounds and trucks flying up the road trying to cut the deer off . Deer seasoned ended today , rabbit season starts tomorrow .

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Our deer season ends January 1st., our rabbit season ends March 31st. I don't shoot any in March- a few in Jan and Feb. Some times if the weather is warmer rabbits are starting to breed, in the middle of Feb.,I don't want to shoot a pregnant rabbit.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts