Rabbit Dogs banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
flea bag house cats. a good yard dog and .22 took care of that. only problem is yard dog switched over to the dark side and now runs my rabbits. its a full time job keeping her out the pen

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Blev, I am the biggest impact on the rabbit population in a positive way. I continue to improve the habitat so that you and others may have plenty of rabbits to hunt and run for generations to come. Thank you very much and you're more than welcome. :up:

Roger

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Blev, I am the biggest impact on the rabbit population in a positive way. I continue to improve the habitat so that you and others may have plenty of rabbits to hunt and run for generations to come. Thank you very much and you're more than welcome. :up:

Roger
Not to mention, you stimulate the economy with all the bullets you bought last year.:up: My family and I thank you for all that you do for the rabbit population as well. Now, if you will box some of them up and ship them to Walcott. I realize we have lots of predators around here, in every shape and form, but I think what hurts the most is loss of habitat. Seems like a couple of fencerows get cleared every year. Along with the cover on the ditches getting dredged, and the little one acre woodlots getting bulldozed. So what few spots we have, get overran with coyotes, or house cats, or rabbit hunters...

·
Registered
276 Posts
I would have to agree with Blevens. There has been several thickets and ditch banks cleaned up this year just on the road that I travel everyday. I ask myself "why"? They are not going to give that farmer no more than 2 rows of whatever he will plant. I got a buddy that just got a knew bulldozer. I'll be dern if he ain't cleanin up all of the good rabbit habbitat. There was a ditch bank cleaned off on this road this year. Now I can understand how you can get more crops by clearing out a woods or large thicket, but a ditch bank? He was farming all the way up to the banks to begin with, now he will add about 1 row of crops, but there is no habitat at all for about 700 ft. of ditch bank.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts