Rabbit Dogs banner
21 - 40 of 63 Posts

·
SUPER MODERATOR
6,407 Posts
I too called them. Tried explaining to the guy and he cut me short and told me he didn’t have time to fool with that right now and he would call me back when he had time I. Never heard back from them. I don’t remember the name but if my memory is right he was secretary or president. I called both and don’t remember which one answered

·
Premium Member
7,504 Posts
I Did talk to Brad a couple times on the phone and via text. He informed me that Someone ( I believe he said Chris) was in charge of starting a Jr Handler Program and forwarded our conversation to him. I gave them Vance’s number and mine and told them to get ahold of one of us as we had a check for them. We never heard a word back from anyone!

·
Registered
762 Posts
Having the support of the Beagle federations would have been great. I think it would have worked well for us with our original plan to move the hunt to different parts of the country, but I think if we focus on our original purpose of having members have the opportunity to meet and run dogs together, we will be fine! I'm sure they [the federations] have valid reasons for their decisions. Supporting the youth who are interested in our sport is the best use of the funds we raise. I feel like Mr. Wade would be with us 100 percent IMHO.
this seems like a good idea.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
6,407 Posts
Also, on the Deep South deal...I’d call Mr Mel.... I don’t have to tell you guys what a great fella he is and I’m sure he could get our message across to the right folks....
I HAVE WENT TO DEEP SOUTH AND UBGF AND MAB----MAB DONT HAVE A JR HANDLER PROGRAM====(JUST MY OPINION) NEITHER DOES THE UBGF OR DEEP SOUTH. THEY ARE VERY INTERESTED IN THE DONATION BUT WHEN IT COMES TO HELPING US HELP THE JR HANDLERS THERE IS A WHOLE LOT OF HUM-HAWING AND ANSWERS LIKE ---WE HAVE TO DISCUSS IT IN A MEETING AND GET BACK TO YOU--------I AM AT A POINT WHERE I SAY PICK A LOCATION----RENT A BALLROOM FOR THE WEEKEND HAVE IT CATERED AND IF THERE IS ANY MONEY LEFT GIVE IT TO JUNIOR HANDLERS-----BUY "UM A SODY-POP OR SOMETHING

·
Registered
375 Posts
I HAVE WENT TO DEEP SOUTH AND UBGF AND MAB----MAB DONT HAVE A JR HANDLER PROGRAM====(JUST MY OPINION) NEITHER DOES THE UBGF OR DEEP SOUTH. THEY ARE VERY INTERESTED IN THE DONATION BUT WHEN IT COMES TO HELPING US HELP THE JR HANDLERS THERE IS A WHOLE LOT OF HUM-HAWING AND ANSWERS LIKE ---WE HAVE TO DISCUSS IT IN A MEETING AND GET BACK TO YOU--------I AM AT A POINT WHERE I SAY PICK A LOCATION----RENT A BALLROOM FOR THE WEEKEND HAVE IT CATERED AND IF THERE IS ANY MONEY LEFT GIVE IT TO JUNIOR HANDLERS-----BUY "UM A SODY-POP OR SOMETHING
Well, might as well just start one on here and let iRD.NET be the face...

RD.NET T-shirts with junior handlers names on them, sponsors like you with their names on them...maybe an occasional booth at trials...do our own points system for the handlers....we need our own trial...do it big... and correct with Marshals ...turn it into the biggest trial of the year with bigger winnings, find the best facilities, door prizes...everything centered around RD.NET and its junior handlers with good sponsorship... I feel like I could help find some good sponsors and you know folks too... and even though I don’t have time to own dogs now I can at least pick up the phone during one of my long drives and run my mouth...

Build it up to the best trial, then do two a year...doesn’t take long for the word to get out...

You know as well as me if it’s gonna get done it has to start with a vision and a damn good plan...the rest is following and seeing it through until others see it like you...

You got to believe in something before others will...

·
Super Moderator
2,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Well, might as well just start one on here and let iRD.NET be the face...

RD.NET T-shirts with junior handlers names on them, sponsors like you with their names on them...maybe an occasional booth at trials...do our own points system for the handlers....we need our own trial...do it big... and correct with Marshals ...turn it into the biggest trial of the year with bigger winnings, find the best facilities, door prizes...everything centered around RD.NET and its junior handlers with good sponsorship... I feel like I could help find some good sponsors and you know folks too... and even though I don’t have time to own dogs now I can at least pick up the phone during one of my long drives and run my mouth...

Build it up to the best trial, then do two a year...doesn’t take long for the word to get out...

You know as well as me if it’s gonna get done it has to start with a vision and a damn good plan...the rest is following and seeing it through until others see it like you...

You got to believe in something before others will...
Sipsey, if you on on board we can make it happen. I have dreamed of doing a trial or a summer camp for junior handlers. I think even if the federations won't get on board individuals will. You will really see who cares about the future and who is only in it for themselves when it comes to something like this. I think we could get enough people on board I've had 2 different clubs offer to give us their grounds any time for something like that.
All we need is some sponsors for prizes, food, etc. We would also need some people to donate their time for cooking, judging, maybe do a conformation seminar or have a Vet come talk about how to keep their hounds healthy. The options are absolutely endless.
Let's make it happen Sipsey! I'm all in!!!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Sipsey, if you on on board we can make it happen. I have dreamed of doing a trial or a summer camp for junior handlers. I think even if the federations won't get on board individuals will. You will really see who cares about the future and who is only in it for themselves when it comes to something like this. I think we could get enough people on board I've had 2 different clubs offer to give us their grounds any time for something like that.
All we need is some sponsors for prizes, food, etc. We would also need some people to donate their time for cooking, judging, maybe do a conformation seminar or have a Vet come talk about how to keep their hounds healthy. The options are absolutely endless.
Let's make it happen Sipsey! I'm all in!!!
I don’t see why it couldn’t....This is my opinion and right or wrong how I see it:

If you want to grow an organization that ‘s dedicated to junior handlers and the sports future it has to be done through the people who love to do it...the hunter and trialers.. and the only way I personally see how to get them involved and understand the message is through a trial... and it has to be top notch so people talk about it....and your message...top judges, top food, nice trophies, door prizes and ran by the book by honest people... and I think getting a HOFer involved in the sponsorship, guest of honor type deal would not be a bad idea.... and I may have someone in mind....

And H&H needs to be involved

·
Registered
762 Posts
SIPSEY~ I agree on everything except the name---we need to keep the WADE SMITH MEMORIAL name
I don't usually agree with Will but this time I do. I do not trial, so the junior handler thing is something I am not real familiar with. I do agree we need to do everything we can to involve youth. I miss Greenhaw and keeping his name is important to me. How can a "federation" not get behind encouraging kids?

·
SUPER MODERATOR
6,407 Posts
MITCH ~~ SINCE YOU ARE REFUSING TO DONATE A HUNT OR A PUP-----YOU LEAVE ME NO CHOICE BUT TO BREED MR H TO JILTED LADY-----BOTH OF THEM ARE HALF HONEY ISLAND ~~BEST I CAN DO IF FOLKS ARE NOT TIRED OF MY PILE DRIVERS-------( a piledriver is one that piles it up in the yard and drives off and leaves it)---THE MOTHER IS HALF MIDNIGHT HAWK BLOOD AND HONEY ISLAND----MR H IS A GREAT GRANDSON OF HALES NUBBIN AND HIS MOM IS HONEY ISLAND----EVERYBODY IS VERY FAMILIAR WITH THE HONEY ISLAND DOGS AND WANT SOME LIKE THEM ~~I JUST GAVE IT MY BEST SHOT~~~

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
Wow, where to start? I have been a member of Rd.net since 2012, 4 year ago when Swamp Man told us all about the yearly get together he and his friends were having, and wanting to put a name with a face of several I had communicated on here with for years I was ecstatic about the possibilities of the RD.net annual hunt. I can only hope that the original idea from the members of Gathering to run dogs with friends can be our main objective. Jmo there will never be RD.net annual hunts that can compare with the first two (remember old green sunglasses)as some members not being with us any longer. The over-commercialization of this annual hunt will be the undoing of it jmo. Growing The Hunt is an excellent idea but like mr. Chuck said before the first annual hunt "the devil is in the details" let us grow our annual hunt Bank our money and let it remain good for us the members. JMO members take a kid hunting it may do more than a million dollars to the junior handlers at the present time, grow this annual hunt slowly and wisely... Just my wishes

·
Registered
318 Posts
Just my input from my years in rabbit dogs. When my son was little . Around the age of ten, he is 23 now. Me and my brother had rabbit dogs that we raised and enjoyed hunting. So we decided to try to trial them when we wasn’t hunting them. First trail I went to my son went with me . The officers at the trial saw him handling our dogs and told me about the jr handler program for the ubgf. And how to enroll him for it. Years passed and we got out of dogs for me and my brothers work schedule. And the lose of the grounds we had to run dogs on. So we stopped running and competing dogs. My brother bought some land in the country about three years ago. And we decided to get back into rabbit dogs. We built a running pen on the land and bought some dogs. My nephew 11 years old helped build the pen and work with the dogs. Took him to his first trial this spring with one of our dogs. He really enjoyed it so we get him enrolled in the ubgf jr handler program. Point of my long post. When I was taking my son to trials . Everyone at the trial was about the kids there. When I enrolled my son he got a jr handler shirt and hat 2 times a year. And they kept contact with me on what trials was coming up in our area. Not the same for my nephew. Maybe this page can figure out how to fix that?!

·
Super Moderator
2,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
That is pretty much exactly the plan going forward with the annual hunt Reiny. Honestly I don't know how we could pack anymore running and fellowship into a weekend than we had last year. Other than setting a location I think the hunt is pretty much dialed in at this point.

What is still up in the air is our vision for the future. At times I feel like the guy who inherited this big kennel of dogs and is trying to continue it the way the original owner had envisioned it. Then half your running buddies say man you better slow them down. The others are saying boy they'd look good with a little more foot. What is a beagler to do?

Nobody wants to loose the good ol boy atmosphere at the get together. Without that what do we have? Nothing that I want to be a part of. Wade asked me to help make it grow, find a good safe place to run the hounds, and get the kids to show up. Maybe I'm kennel blind but I think we have seen huge strides in the right direction on all accounts.

In my opinion, and that of the committee, what Tom said above is exactly what we need to be looking into. I have already realized through litigation, both here and with the federations, it will be hard to make it work but we do have a good sum of money to help out in some way. Really what we need is someone on here to be our spokesman to bridge the gap between us and the federations.
Anyone up for the task?

21 - 40 of 63 Posts