Rabbit Dogs banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's only a little over 6 months away from the hunt so I figured we better get the ball rolling. We have been trying to work with some of the different beagle federations to see if we could use their grounds for the weekend. UBGF was the only one that would even really hear us out. They said we could run 4 dogs at a time and couldn't use the clubhouse after dark. Not very hospitable to say the least.

So that leads us to our first order of business. Would anyone be willing to host the event? We would need a banquet hall for 50 - 75 people to congregate and eat. Nearby lodging and enough ground to run up to 100 dogs for the weekend. Please let me know if this would be something you would be interested in helping with. Mr. Johnson has already said Rabbit Run is ours any time if we can't find anywhere else.

Next thing on the docket... After trying to contact the Mid South about the donation for several months without so much as a call back we have been looking at other options.
I believe we have settled on this... We will do a junior handler of the month. Kids will be able to send in a short essay about what they like about beagling. We can send them a plaque and a couple hundred dollars to help them with dog food, saving for a car, college or whatever they decide. This will be alot more personal than sending a check to a Federation and hoping the money gets used in the right way. I can think of several young men and women on this site that should be honored for the work they do to continue our sport.

After some small issues with our previous raffles we have decided to keep it simple this year and just raffle one or 2 big prizes. If we could get a gun or rabbit hunt donated it would be a huge help to the club. We would also like to give out some nice door prizes to members that attend the hunt.

We are looking forward to another great turnout this year and look forward to seeing everyone.

Any questions feel free to ask.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Having the support of the Beagle federations would have been great. I think it would have worked well for us with our original plan to move the hunt to different parts of the country, but I think if we focus on our original purpose of having members have the opportunity to meet and run dogs together, we will be fine! I'm sure they [the federations] have valid reasons for their decisions. Supporting the youth who are interested in our sport is the best use of the funds we raise. I feel like Mr. Wade would be with us 100 percent IMHO.

·
Registered
6,194 Posts
It's only a little over 6 months away from the hunt so I figured we better get the ball rolling. We have been trying to work with some of the different beagle federations to see if we could use their grounds for the weekend. UBGF was the only one that would even really hear us out. They said we could run 4 dogs at a time and couldn't use the clubhouse after dark. Not very hospitable to say the least.

So that leads us to our first order of business. Would anyone be willing to host the event? We would need a banquet hall for 50 - 75 people to congregate and eat. Nearby lodging and enough ground to run up to 100 dogs for the weekend. Please let me know if this would be something you would be interested in helping with. Mr. Johnson has already said Rabbit Run is ours any time if we can't find anywhere else.

Next thing on the docket... After trying to contact the Mid South about the donation for several months without so much as a call back we have been looking at other options.
I believe we have settled on this... We will do a junior handler of the month. Kids will be able to send in a short essay about what they like about beagling. We can send them a plaque and a couple hundred dollars to help them with dog food, saving for a car, college or whatever they decide. This will be alot more personal than sending a check to a Federation and hoping the money gets used in the right way. I can think of several young men and women on this site that should be honored for the work they do to continue our sport.

After some small issues with our previous raffles we have decided to keep it simple this year and just raffle one or 2 big prizes. If we could get a gun or rabbit hunt donated it would be a huge help to the club. We would also like to give out some nice door prizes to members that attend the hunt.

We are looking forward to another great turnout this year and look forward to seeing everyone.

Any questions feel free to ask.
I like the money being sent to the young handlers along with a plaque. The essay should include background history of the type of beagles they run. Rules at trials, AKC rules, how to keep the Rabbit dog family continuIng. Minimum of 500-800 word essay that they post to be read. Just saying. JMHO
I like the format you are working at. Ky, JMHO

·
Registered
6,194 Posts
Having the support of the Beagle federations would have been great. I think it would have worked well for us with our original plan to move the hunt to different parts of the country, but I think if we focus on our original purpose of having members have the opportunity to meet and run dogs together, we will be fine! I'm sure they have valid reasons for their decisions. Supporting the youth who are interested in our sport is the best use of the funds we raise. I feel like Mr. Wade would be with us 100 percent IMHO.
Mr. Spini as well. JMHO

·
SUPER MODERATOR
6,397 Posts
I was sorely dissapointed in the fedrations response on the use of the club and grounds----just another example of a few ruining it for all because of what they experienced. one---not more than two main raffle items is enough---other items can be door prizes ect I fully approve of the jr handler distribution of the money collected----I think donated pups should be raffled on the number sheet as always----it has been kind to us
SOMEBODY should ask mitch for a puppy donation for the cause-----he has spoken very highly of them and i am sure everyone would like to have a chance to own one
if anybody has some extra time to donate to the get togather there is an awfull lot of work to be done--the more help the better for all
looking forward to the next one~

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I spoke to my brother (Tomp) and we will be glad to donate. An issue with donating guns is it would be registered in the donor's name which I'm sure noone wants to do lol.. we have 2 litters from Fc sires dropping in july. If we have good luck with whelping we can provide a raffle pup. Also if people are intrested we can donate a cpl spots to start dogs or condition.

·
Super Moderator
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Rebel, donating the pup to be raffled off is more than enough on your all's part. A spot on your starting pen list would make for a killer door prize but that is up to you guys. We can't thank you all enough!

TJ dropped some exciting news last night. Jeff Bondage at Hickory Creek has donated another all expenses paid rabbit hunt in Kansas. He also said he would be interested in hosting the hunt in 2024. He should have enough room for us by then and all the running grounds we could ever ask for.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
6,397 Posts
Rebel, donating the pup to be raffled off is more than enough on your all's part. A spot on your starting pen list would make for a killer door prize but that is up to you guys. We can't thank you all enough!

TJ dropped some exciting news last night. Jeff Bondage at Hickory Creek has donated another all expenses paid rabbit hunt in Kansas. He also said he would be interested in hosting the hunt in 2024. He should have enough room for us by then and all the running grounds we could ever ask for.
SEND ME 500 DOLLARS WORTH OF TICKETS !!! GET'R"LIKE YA LIKE IT:p

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
SOMEBODY should ask mitch for a puppy donation for the cause-----he has spoken very highly of them and i am sure everyone would like to have a chance to own one
Mr. Will,

Thank you for your kind offer sir.

but

We think the market is already grossly overly saturated and inebriated quite enough....with My CULLS........ don't you?

Mrs. Shawn and I have realized our past grievous mistakes to our breed our line of hounds and the beagle community at large and have repented. We concluded that through ignorance we have inadvertently done way more than enough damage and harm to (The Cause) with our culls than we would have ever dreamed possible and unfortunately.... with no end in sight.

We have realized our previous tragic errors and have concluded that we have done all the damage that we will do in this life time.

Lessons learned we will responsibly keep and deal with all of our future culls down here as long as we live.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Curious as to who you were trying to contact?
I reached out to the Midsouth in late March (3/28/22) asking if they received their donation, here is a short email chain of the communication, realize it's an email so you need to start at the bottom and work up.

Yes, last year while I was at training in Wisconsin, Rowdy approached me about supporting the Junior Handler program, I never received any check though.

Brad / Chris / Jimmy,
See below. Do you know anything about this?
Thanks,

Gentlemen,
Did the Midsouth receive a check for their junior handlers program from Rabbitdogs.net and what was the amount?
I’m following up to make sure this has been taken care of.

·
Super Moderator
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
TJ handled what little communication there was and could explain more in detail than I can but in a nutshell he talked to Brad Foster about sending the donation for their junior handler program and was informed that the Mid South currently doesn't have one but was interested in getting one started. Tj told him we would be interested in helping them get it going and give him my number. After a couple weeks of not hearing anything I tried calling and messaging him and never got a response. I believe TJ also talked to someone else (maybe Chris?) but that didn't go anywhere either.
I thought helping them kickstart a junior handler program would be a great chance to help out. What I'm starting to think is that all these federations aren't interested in any outsiders stepping in to lend a helping hand. That doesn't just go for the Mid South. That's why the committee thought it would be best to try and do some good on our own. I think the junior handler of the month would be a great way to show kids we see what they are doing in our sport and support them in doing so.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts