Rabbit Dogs banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a close call this morning, went bass fishing with my good buddy and my dog, Had a great morning headed back put the boat on the trailer and I had my dog on a lead while we stood in the parking lot talking about when to go fishing again when this ski boat pulled up with some trashy people playing rap music real loud, the guy couldnt back a trailer down the ramp to save his life and while we were watching they let their big pit bull out without a leash and of course the damn thing saw my beagle and bee-lined for him. it happened so fast i barely had time to react, I grabbed my dog in my arms while this pit bull is trying get him and I'm kicking it and yelling and my buddy is doing a great job of getting between me and the dog, by this time the dogs "owners" came over and wrestled the dog away and i put my dog away in the truck, he just got nipped on the tail, no major damage thank god. Im gonna try to be alot more carefull from now on in public. That could have gotten real bad.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Don't blame you for not wanting to get involved with them but thery are reaching the same level as the majority. I would be willing to bet that they were on welfare or some other government funded program. How long before the majority is gonna be in control or are we even now. Most of the working class (I am retired from it) are funding them and I am sick and tired of sending the IRS thousands of dollars each year so they can turn it over and it gets mailed to those who are too lazy to work for it. Enough is enough!!!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Don't blame you for not wanting to get involved with them but thery are reaching the same level as the majority. I would be willing to bet that they were on welfare or some other government funded program. How long before the majority is gonna be in control or are we even now. Most of the working class (I am retired from it) are funding them and I am sick and tired of sending the IRS thousands of dollars each year so they can turn it over and it gets mailed to those who are too lazy to work for it. Enough is enough!!!
Amen.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
6,055 Posts
my X neighbor had pits-----he sicced one on my jack russel----i shot it----------he had 4 more tied up----i ended up killing 3 of them and taking them over and dropping them in his driveway... I told him if they come in my yard---they dead----he ended up with his trailer catching fire cooking dope and i was rid of the problem

·
Registered
449 Posts
Yes sir it could have gotten really bad really fast had you shot the dog, even though it was justifiable and same goes for owners but man could have been bad. I think you did the right thing and not what we would all like to have done

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
I do know discharging a firearm at times is or may be needed. I do know if someone tried to harm a member of my family I would defend them and myself. Problem these days is people don't talk anymore. The first thing I hear out of people these days is if this such and such messes with me I will cap them. WRONG, WRONG, doesn't solve the problem. Talk it out, or do it the old way and fight if needed but I do not support it, but have seen people get in a scrap then become the best of friends after. Today it turns out that not only one family getting hurt, all families involved loose. One will go to prison for the rest of their lives or even worse. The other family grieves their lost for the rest of theirs. I don't have the answer to resolve all of this. If I were young again and had to relive my job I had back then, I would be dead today. I was in management for one of the largest chain stores at the time. I chased many, many shop lifters. I had knives, straight razors, you name it pulled on me, short pieces of chain, brass knuckles, but never had a gun pulled on me. I did manage to resolve the issue with all except for the one who pulled the chain on me when he ran in a washateria and seems he had friends waiting for his return. I had to back off. The only person I stopped that had a gun was a woman. She had it in her purse, loaded, but did not attempt to use it. If Today I would be six feet under. If thieves they all have guns and shoot first, then run.

Garrett, you handled it well. You avoided what could of turned out tragic. Unfortunately the other party probably didn't learn their lesson and will happen again to someone else and turn out to be tragic for animal or human or both.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I know there are some really good Pits. But any time I see one off a lead, without an owner, I become on edge. I just don't trust them.

I'm happy to hear the situation ended without police or bloodshed. Sounds like you kept your cool.

·
Registered
16 Posts
So a person is labeled "trashy" and have to be on welfare because they own a pit bull and listen to rap music. WOW! I own one and like rap music as well, also country music, all music for that matter. I also own my masonry business and I'm far from being on welfare. Some people are so judgemental.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Ryan our son would walk across the back yard to out neighbors so she could watch him while Lori and I were at work. I came home, Michelle the neighbor came over with Ryan who was bit on his right thigh, no puncture but a lot of bruising. I told Michelle she better make sure her dog had a rabies shot and the dog better be put down. It was a big dog, she said it has been put down so we do not have to worry about it any more.
I found out later that the Sheriffs department had been called about the dog with a women who jogged on the road. So there has been numerous occurrences.
They now have 2 rescue dogs, 1/2 pit and 1/2 Labrador, both males that so far have not been to my back yard. I carry my equalizer when I go out to feed dogs and pheasants just in case. JMHO

·
Registered
139 Posts
My neighbors have 5 pits super nice dogs with excellent owners. When my kids were little they were not allowed to go near them without us. My neighbors agreed.
My dogs were breed for hunting. Because of this hunting comes natural

We don't mean to judge but every day of our lives we find our reading the situation we are in.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Crabbe: Were you there? Did you see them? Then how do you know what kind of people they were? Since Mr Moore had to deal with them I would tend to believe him over you, especially since you are expressing an opinion as well as him. Typically those who are not on the scene don't make as good of witnesses as those who were.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Dunn: You act as if you were there, being that you bet that they were on welfare. I've never judged a person character whether they were on welfare or not. Unlike others.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts