Rabbit Dogs banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
I am looking forward to starting them . I am thinking of house breaking them . That would be a first for me with a hound .
Really nice looking pups! Good luck if you decide to house break them. Have done that with my now 4 year old that I purchased last year. Despite not having had much indoor time she has adapted and learned quickly how to behave indoors while still maintaining her great desire to run cottontails. She has brought us a lot of laughs (and some consternation at times) with her antics. (She likes to "steal stuff" and then hide/bury it somewhere in the house.:)) She is a little like a toddler, when she is real quiet she's probably up to some mischief but she has been a blessing during this pandemic time with those antics. Good luck with those "guys" whatever you decide to do.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Nice pups Marshall ! I myself prefer female as well I think they just hunt little harder to please in my opinion not saying there ain’t good males out there I’ve hunted over some awesome males over the years also seen some males that just couldn’t run with females and other males full of bad manners such as mounting other dogs and so on , its just females are little more forgiven easier to work with for me I’m sure a lot other guys are in same boat when picking genders when it comes to a good gundog

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
I like the idea of house training them, 2 will be tough but it can be done. I wish I would have house trained my female pup. All ready have a GSP indoors. Molly has the personality of pleasing, and is a very happy dog. Maybe next one. JMHO
Good luck !

1 - 19 of 19 Posts