Rabbit Dogs banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How them pickle heads doing?

You been running them any?

Some of them love the heat as they were bred in the Tropics!
Mitch I run a couple times a week year round. If they can’t hold up in the heat they don’t stay here. Our weather here is pretty similar to yours. Hot, humid as all get out, and here lately dry as a bone. Obviously the few Pickle heads I’ve got wouldn’t hold a candle to yours but they suit me. Been through right many of them to finally find a few to satisfy me😂

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Haha Mitch I know you’ve got some heat. Nobody would keep it as locked up/locked down as you do if you didn’t! I’ve never been to a field trial have no intentions of ever attending one. I raise my dogs to suit the style of hunting I enjoy and only for that reason. All I’ve ever heard about a field trial is politics. I do however enjoy getting after it in the woods with my dogs. I like em a touch rough, get out and hunt like there life depends on it. Could care less if they bang a little for the front, but when it comes check time I want em all working it from the inside out. A step or 2 over medium makes me happy and i still have 2 grade dogs out of the 10 I hunt with that will out hunt/jump/run/check anything I own with papers. I’m a RABBIT DOG first kinda guy. I’m going to Tennessee this weekend to run with my good buddy Codycmk and I cannot wait!

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh don't believe nothing I say.... I lie all the time....when I get excited if I don't take my medicine. Sometimes my wife....Booger Red forgets to put it out for me an then....you know ..There I GO!!!!!!

My therapist says "I just make that stuff up for attention"...That is one of my defects of character I and my group are working on.

If my nose divers were actually any count brother you could believe one thing I would be running them all over the country to every Field Trial I could get to so I could show them off and have some real fun....instead of having to go hunting with them every single lousy boring weekend. I never come home from hunting with any trophy's and I never get my picture in a magazine which really sucks!!!..And I have to clean and put up all that stinky rabbit meat after I get home tired and cold...That really sucks!

My junk ain't there yet...but you can believe.....I'm working on em!...

You got some fine hounds brother....real fine!
By the way, you and your son still burning them trout and reds up?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts