Rabbit Dogs banner
1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
We can only wonder how many lives that vaccine has saved.
I also wonder about the statement, "Never let a crisis go to waste".

Next step, if there is no crisis, make one.

The person who is telling us we must change our entire life, the way we make a living, hobies, and freedom/life style, is the person who is lying about how the virus started.
We are being required to wear a mask and get a shot that no-one knows the long term effects.
The companies and business men that gave us the opioid epidemic are now making a vaccine to protect us.

Meanwhile, the border is wide open with folks coming in from around the globe with the possibility of bringing in every disease known or unknown to man.

They government, whose sole purpose is to protect the citizens, won't tell folks how to build immunity to protect themselves, or mitigate the symptoms. Its almost as if they don't care if we die as long as we let them dictate the poison.

I wonder why deaths from drug overdose are acceptable but Covid deaths must be prevented?

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
We can only wonder how many lives that vaccine has saved.
I also wonder about the statement, "Never let a crisis go to waste".

Next step, if there is no crisis, make one.

The person who is telling us we must change our entire life, the way we make a living, hobies, and freedom/life style, is the person who is lying about how the virus started.
We are being required to wear a mask and get a shot that no-one knows the long term effects.
The companies and business men that gave us the opioid epidemic are now making a vaccine to protect us.

Meanwhile, the border is wide open with folks coming in from around the globe with the possibility of bringing in every disease known or unknown to man.

The government, whose sole purpose is to protect the citizens, won't tell folks how to build immunity to protect themselves, or mitigate the symptoms. Its almost as if they don't care if we die as long as we let them dictate the poison.

I wonder why deaths from drug overdose are acceptable but Cvid deaths must be prevented?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Y’all realize it was Trump administration that set the incentives for the companies to develop the vaccines
Yep. Has nothing to do with my questions. All I really know for sure is what I have seen with my own two eyes. I now know over 40 people that have had it. Only 5 ended up in the hospital, and the latest one is my 72 year old mother in law. Which just got home, and only stayed two days. Today, she is doing fine. She got it at church, and several other members tested positive. Nobody there died. My son, daughter-in-law had it, never hospitalized. My son in laws family, 7 people total, none hospitalized. 9 people I work with, none hospitalized. All I know is what I see with my own eyes. What the media reports? Well, take that as you want. They sure are not known for their honesty. I know this, everyone is saying the vaccinated may get it, but it won’t be serious. Well, that’s strange. My daughter in law is a nurse, working OT, and 40% of the hospitalized where she works have had the full dose. But, you never here that on the news. Just the opposite. I guess everyone has to make a decision and do what they think is best.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Current vaccination rates:
Arkansas 36%
Vermont 67%
Most southern states have very low acceptance of the vaccine, whereas the northeastern states are mostly above 60%.
Interesting.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
The newest strain , the Delta variant , originated in India where there is a very low vaccination rate.
The concept of resistance is interesting. Are you going to quit using ivermectin to prevent heart worms because the heart worms might develop resistance , which may be happening ?
If you have bacterial infection , are you going to skip antibiotics , because using antibiotics creates resistance in the bacteria ?
That’s not how it works
The best defense is used until it is shown to be ineffective. Then a new defense is developed. That’s why penicillin isn’t used much anymore.
But let’s look at the history of vaccines for viral infections? Has there been new measles , mumps, rubella, or polio that developed resistance to the vaccines ? Not that I am aware.
Now this Covid is a new thing and may not play by the old rules, but we will see.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Yeah Arky , the 40 or so you are looking at is a pretty small sample size in the grand scheme of things. I recently was speaking with a 44 year old respiratory therapist. Got the Covid last November. Was in perfect health before. Is now on three heart meds and four breathing meds. Hasn’t been able to return to work .
My niece that works the Covid unit at our local hospital says no new admittance so far have been vaccinated.

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Y’all realize it was Trump administration that set the incentives for the companies to develop the vaccines
I do. Glad to see someone who gives credit to Trump, amid all the misinformation or unknowns at the time. Fauchi was changing his mind weekly. Still is.
Pelosi was proudly walking through Chinatown in San Francisco without a mask. Biden and Pelosi were saying its racist to blame the Chinese.
Recently she gave the edict, and threat of a $500.00 fine, for any member of congress to be seen in the Capital,without a mask, she has been seen three times without her mask.

It appears they may have been correct about not blaming China. Evidence seems to indicate it may not have been the Chinese. Fauchi has redacted all evidence that could incriminate himself and his gang. Wonder why Pelosi or Schumer haven't had an investigation into that. ;)

·
Super Moderator
6,903 Posts
No Matter which side of this debate you are on we need to ALL remember that we each are individuals and have the right to our personal opinions and decisions. Truth what is that? None of us know and not sure the Medical/ Scientific field knows as they can’t even agree. I wish All of you the best through this time of struggle that we are in and Remember Respect! Little Word but Huge meaning.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
TJ , we are just witnessing how science and medicine work in research. This is a new situation and there is much to be learned. As more information becomes available then that is added to the knowledge base and the understanding of the virus changes. Normally this goes on out of the public eye and over much time. This time it is happening relatively quickly and every new thought gets pushed as truth by the media.
If we can’t assimilate new information and then change our conclusion based on that new information we have a problem. Let’s say your daughter starts dating a guy. Seems clean cut and upstanding. So you approve, and give her the ok to keep dating him. Then you find out he has a history of beating women. Do you change your opinion of the guy based on the new information ? I would hope so.
This kind of re-evaluating based on new information is part of science/ medicine. It’s why continuing education is required of all doctors.

·
Super Moderator
6,903 Posts
Agree 100% Matt! Just saying no matter we all need to Respect each other’s even if we don’t agree! I’m a mediator on this Forum and try to listen and respect everyone’s opinions but when it gets personal I get personal! Just saying! I’m a Republican but as you said that should have nothing to do with this debate. This shouldn’t be a political issue but the far left and far right and the media have made it that and trying to pit folks against each other for political reasons. What I’m saying is let’s treat each other with respect and be an example, use common sense and get along and get through this. We have a great group of beaglers here with so much knowledge not only of beagles but life. I have my skepticism about a lot that’s going on but I know the truth will eventually come out! What it will be is anyone’s guess! Appreciate your thoughts Matt.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Arkansas 36%
Vermont 67%
Most southern states have very low acceptance of the vaccine, whereas the northeastern states are mostly above 60%.
Interesting.
Thanks Hunts
Arkansas 36%
Vermont 67%
Interesting.
That is interesting Huntsman, lot of smart people in Vermon for sure, after all they elected Bernie Sanders and we all know how smart he is, and Arkansas, well they sent us the Clintons so we know they aren’t to bright, sorry TJ couldn’t resist, just kidding fellas, just a little humor to lighten the mood

·
Super Moderator
6,903 Posts
Lol Brewer your right- us Arkansans are really smart only way we knew to get rid of Clinton’s was to send them to Washington with the rest of the crooks ( oh sorry Politicians)

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Agree 100% Matt! Just saying no matter we all need to Respect each other’s even if we don’t agree! I’m a mediator on this Forum and try to listen and respect everyone’s opinions but when it gets personal I get personal! Just saying! I’m a Republican but as you said that should have nothing to do with this debate. This shouldn’t be a political issue but the far left and far right and the media have made it that and trying to pit folks against each other for political reasons. What I’m saying is let’s treat each other with respect and be an example, use common sense and get along and get through this. We have a great group of beaglers here with so much knowledge not only of beagles but life. I have my skepticism about a lot that’s going on but I know the truth will eventually come out! What it will be is anyone’s guess! Appreciate your thoughts Matt.
TJ, I appreciate that you are trying to calm what could easily become a very heated debate. But I have to ask you this question:
Does it become personal when the decisions made by others directly affect your own life? To me it does, and that’s when my respect starts to disappear.

1 - 20 of 108 Posts