Rabbit Dogs banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mom called me yesterday and asked me if I wanted a baby deer . She said it has been behind a neighbors house for 2 days crying and they haven’t seen the mother . I told her that you could not do that . She said yes you could that the game officer told her what to do . That you would have to bottle feed it . I told her no , I don’t want my dogs running deer and that a bobcat would probably kill it , if it were here anyway . There is a zoo just up the road from her , I told her to call the zoo and see if they wanted it . My mom

·
Registered
163 Posts
My mom called me yesterday and asked me if I wanted a baby deer . She said it has been behind a neighbors house for 2 days crying and they haven’t seen the mother . I told her that you could not do that . She said yes you could that the game officer told her what to do . That you would have to bottle feed it . I told her no , I don’t want my dogs running deer and that a bobcat would probably kill it , if it were here anyway . There is a zoo just up the road from her , I told her to call the zoo and see if they wanted it . My mom
Great story Marshall, mom's make everything seem so easy. I miss conversations like that with my mom. Cherish those.

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We are planning a big 80th birthday party for her in June . Well my sister is , She is turning 80 and she can outwork most 40 year olds I would bet . She grew up on a farm , but she will not eat wild game . She will cook it for us , but she won’t eat it . She loves animals . She is the person that can pet a mean dog that will bite anyone else . I know because the dog bit me when she was petting it . It was barking and jumping up on the fence and she went right up to him talking to him and started petting him . I went up there after he calmed down and he bit me .

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A Vet from another county came and picked up the deer . He has a little farm , but am would think he would have to release it at some point .

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Rabbit hunt one day and a 6 point buck that the neighbors raised from a fawn was following us around. The buck had a fluorescent collar on its neck. Everything went well until he tried to head butt us with his antlers. Grabbed dogs and went some where else. The people turned it loose after deer season. No idea what happened to it. JMO

·
Registered
12 Posts
We are planning a big 80th birthday party for her in June . Well my sister is , She is turning 80 and she can outwork most 40 year olds I would bet . She grew up on a farm , but she will not eat wild game . She will cook it for us , but she won’t eat it . She loves animals . She is the person that can pet a mean dog that will bite anyone else . I know because the dog bit me when she was petting it . It was barking and jumping up on the fence and she went right up to him talking to him and started petting him . I went up there after he calmed down and he bit me .
Kim hi

·
Registered
106 Posts
I took 2 of our pups that we are working with, and our older male dog with a buddy of mine to run with his female at the local WMA. Got on two small rabbits that went straight to holes. Third one was about a half grown rabbit that they circled in three big circles before we picked them up. My brother stayed home this morning to solo our other older male at our running spot at his house. Which is about 3 miles from where I went.Said he caught a baby rabbit with in 5 minutes of turning him loose that looked like it was fresh out of the nest. Guess is some still just birthing here in Ky.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I took 2 of our pups that we are working with, and our older male dog with a buddy of mine to run with his female at the local WMA. Got on two small rabbits that went straight to holes. Third one was about a half grown rabbit that they circled in three big circles before we picked them up. My brother stayed home this morning to solo our other older male at our running spot at his house. Which is about 3 miles from where I went.Said he caught a baby rabbit with in 5 minutes of turning him loose that looked like it was fresh out of the nest. Guess is some still just birthing here in Ky.
What part of the state are you in Tom?

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I saw 2 more in my front yard about 7:00 o’clock tonight . Jack was looking at them , but he didn’t make a sound . I have one of my nephews females here and she barked so much Thursday night that she hasn’t had a voice in 2 days . I hope she gets it back .

1 - 19 of 19 Posts