Rabbit Dogs banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
You got that one in close . All males get real dumb when they think they are going to get lucky . I was surprised he came in that close with all that movement . That fan tail must work good as a blind . They have seen me blink at a 100 yards I think in the winter while deer hunting and fly . Good job calling it in .

·
Super Moderator
6,359 Posts
Very nice Mike! I’m afraid it’s going to be a rough season here this year. I have been out for last 2 weeks trying to locate some birds for my grandkids ( youth opens Saturday) with no luck. Not a peep

·
Registered
169 Posts
Very nice Mike! I’m afraid it’s going to be a rough season here this year. I have been out for last 2 weeks trying to locate some birds for my grandkids ( youth opens Saturday) with no luck. Not a peep
Last several years seems like birds gobble their head off on roost and as soon as they hit the ground crickets, my area is full of yotes could possibly be the issue

·
Registered
169 Posts
Curnel that could be some of the issue, last couple I took came in sneaky silent ,matter of fact one came in 5 yards didnt know he was there (yep I missed) we do have lots of hens in the woods , im willing to deal with it , they make baby gobblers lol

·
Super Moderator
6,359 Posts
Lol!! Yeah I wish we were seeing some hens. We can’t get G&F to just close seasons until the Turkey recover nor admit there had to be a disease go through and wipe them out or admit we have severe predator issues. 7-8 years ago we were loaded with Turkey. Wasn’t anything to go out and hear 15-20 different gobblers. Now nothing. They are very spotty but on the upswing in areas! Hope it turns around.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Its the same here TJ they say population is as high as it ever was but its definitely not
I agree with the theory that chicken manure that all farmers are using now is where it came from.
But I do believe it is getting better the last couple years though

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I heard something about the chicken crap was killing the turkeys as well also they say turkeys on a chicken farm is bad business because they say turkeys give them farm chickens disease but we don't have many chicken houses around here but anyway my son skipped hockey practice to go yesterday afternoon and my friend when with us my son backed out on shooting so I killed one with his youth 20 gauge we pulled these strutters off of 13 hens with my little strutter decoy yall seen in the video killed them at 12 yrds

1 - 18 of 18 Posts