Rabbit Dogs banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to be close to some record lows Saturday and Sunday evenings around here low 50s and may be in the 40s in some near by areas, I fear we maybe entering a new Ice Age , if every time we have a heat wave we attribute it to global warming shouldn’t we be concerned with unseasonably cool weather and an Ice Age?

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Focus on the trends, not individual events, Brewer, and you’ll be fine. Some say the warming tend is accelerating faster than expected.

Several types of “feedback loops” are kicking in. For example, warmer Artic temps melt frozen tundra, releasing methane that has been trapped for eons. The methane adds to gases already in the atmosphere - greenhouse gases - causing more of the heat from the sun to be trapped, melting more tundra, releasing more gas. A vicious, accelerating cycle called a feedback loop. There are lots of these at play.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
No matter what mankind does we cannot change what is happening. One can pass the blame on others, but it is no ones fault, just will happen. Climate change is nothing new, has changed before the gas powered automobile and will change again.
Sorry John, but that is totally inaccurate. The only problem is that we may have waited too late to make the changes we needed to make to mitigate the coming climate disaster. That remains to be seen, but time is slipping away.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
It’s really simple: Look to see when the warmest YEARS in recorded history have occurred and you’ll have a clear picture of what is happening. And those record years will soon be broken. Talking worldwide here, not just a specific location somewhere. The trend over time is what concerns us.

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
96 here today. Near record. Record is 98 in 1936.
I am glad that you noted that dinosaur farts that have been trapped are a problem
I was beginning to think it was all my fault.
It is a wonder things didn't go bad back in the late 1800 early 1900 when industry was powered by steam made with coal.
I have stood and looked at the corn with my Dad and it was all rolled up from dry weather and I have looked at those same fields when flood water stood on them and rotted the corn off at the ground.
They talk about how the climate has changed in the last 100 years. I remember close to 70 of those years and I can affirm that the weather is changeable.
It's a good thing that young people think the climate is going to be the main concern in another 100 years. I hope that's all there is.
I worry more about why communist China has built islands in the China sea with runways for fighter jets.
I am concerned that little Kim has nukes and probably missiles that can carry them to mainland US.
I am wondering when China will release another virus.
Most of all I worry that our president is owned.
I guess if we can't do anything about that stuff we might as well worry about the weather.

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Earth/Age
4.543 billion years
Scientists mark the start of modern global record-keeping at roughly 137 years ago, in 1880. That's because earlier available climate data doesn't cover enough of the planet to get an accurate reading, according to NASA.
Researchers estimate ancient temperatures using data from climate proxy records, i.e., indirect methods to measure temperature through natural archives, such as coral skeletons, tree rings, glacial ice cores and so on.

That's like a Beagle barking one time and you tell me you know what size the rabbit is.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
What’s your point ET? Are you naive enough to say the Earth is not warming faster than at any time in history? Did you even look at the links I posted above, or any of the hundreds of others like them?

Deny deny deny is typical of today’s far right Republican mindset, and our country and the world will suffer from it. Most of the people who actively post on this Board are so blinded by their political views they cannot accept facts, even indisputable facts with overwhelming supporting evidence. It’s sad to see people this way.

Perhaps the only way you will understand is to let Mother Nature show you what’s up. You will understand soon.

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Liberals. If you have heard one you have heard them all. Been a long time since I was called naïve. Thank you sir for that. Makes me feel young.
The arrogance of thinking you are the saviors of the world.

My problem with the whitewashed follow along that can't think for himself is the pain you are causing my family TODAY.

Milk 6.00 a gallon? Climate change my ass.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
You are right. A few extra dollars for milk is a much bigger concern today than expanding drought, water shortages, crop failures, storms/hurricanes, hundred year floods, excessive heat, livestock losses, sea level rise, starvation/famine, loss of biodiversity, heavy snowfall, coral reef destruction, disappearing glaciers, mass human migrations, wildfires, or anything else we so called “liberals” could think up. Duh

·
Registered
5,052 Posts
What’s your point ET? Are you naive enough to say the Earth is not warming faster than at any time in history? Did you even look at the links I posted above, or any of the hundreds of others like them?

Deny deny deny is typical of today’s far right Republican mindset
While you LIBERALS RUIN THE COUNTRY at a rapid pace ...you are right something needs to be done before we are completely destroyed by your type

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Nowhere did I say today’s problems are not a concern. I am not a liberal. Didn’t vote for Biden or even think he is competent to be running a shoe store, much less a country who leads the modern world. I am just saying that today’s problems are small compared to what is coming unless drastic changes are made immediately - something Biden and his party are right about. And I think surely some of you can see that, but your political alignment is clouding your view of the future.

·
Registered
872 Posts
Huntsman come back down to earth!
Meany of us don’t have a problem with trying to fix the climate change That’s not the problem
You don’t fix a problem by throwing more problems and heart aches on the people. Only thing your mentor conceded to do is put a heavy burden on meany. Gas at a record high grocery’s at a record high. Rent for meany especially the elders at an all time high. We won’t even get into medication
It’s hard right now for young couples trying to raise there children to be concern with climate control when there struggling to put food on the table or provide them with there Daily needs
I’m seeing a lot of retirees now returning back to work. With there fixed income and the cost of living so high and watching there nest egg disappear
So yeah 6$ a gallon milk for meany is important
Sounds like a good plan your hero has he’s really fixings the problem by buying oil now from are enemies…. Problem is he really has no plan. O wait I just heard him say none of this is his fault once agin it’s all Trumps fault. I’m sure he’s not struggling sure he still running his AC. As you said you walk the walk Recon are problem solver is ? I’ll jump on board with this climate control bs when there’s a real plan until then I’ll be helping my neighbors friends and family out to try to get Thur this mess the brain dead idiot has put up on us. O by the way you may ask the hundreads that he put out of work if 6$ For a gallon of milk Concerns them

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Dave, did you even read what I said about Biden above? His willingness to address climate change is admirable and to be commended, but his methods for doing so are a mess and have caused a lot of hardships. The issue with any big problem is the longer you ignore it, the more drastic the reaction must be when you finally do something. And that’s exactly what is happening - we should have addressed this years ago while we had time, but we always focus on comparatively little problems that will get us re-elected next cycle. And then someone finally does try to make some headway, but it’s Joe Biden, and you know the rest of that story.

But you have to give Biden some credit for trying. He talks green energy. He immediately put the U.S. back in the Paris Accord that Trump pulled us out of, so we are at least working with other nations on what is a worldwide problem. We can only hope that cooperation continues after Biden is voted out in 2024. The future of our grandchildren is hanging on what is done today.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts