Oakhill redtick beagles

Discussion in 'Breeding, Bloodlines, and Pedigrees' started by LtELmer, Jun 26, 2020.

1. LtELmer

LtELmer Well-Known Member

Looking for a history lesson. If you breed them do you get redtick and bluetick ? What style do they usually run ? similar to Weir Creek ? I knew cityus1 grandfather raised oakhill blueticks.

2. Johnathan Sizemore

Johnathan Sizemore Well-Known Member

DB5C7472-19AB-42F9-BD2F-97D51EA423BB.jpeg

Idk much about the line but this is one of the best looking hounds I’ve ever laid my eyes on!

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020

3. LtELmer

that is one of the better blueticks I have seen

4. 5 Solas

5 Solas Well-Known Member

Holy smokes that is a beautiful dog!

5. Johnathan Sizemore

That’s a oak hill Hound. with the oak hill man himself from what I was told.

6. luckynickelfarm

luckynickelfarm Well-Known Member

va
    I thought the Oakhill "man" is actually a woman named Sally McGee

7. Ken's Kennels

Ken's Kennels Well-Known Member

That man is Barry Logsdon. He breeds oak hill and bramlett dogs. Breeds alot w mike grubbs, wheels of steel willie

8. Johnathan Sizemore

I’m not sure just a guy I know sent me that photo and from what I took this fellow breeds a lot of oak hill line??

9. Ken's Kennels

That is correct.

10. Johnathan Sizemore

I was stating that mr.barry now that I know his name is a big “time” oakhill breeder. I was never sure who actually started oakhill line. But now I have been informed. Lol

11. Burnett

Burnett Well-Known Member

Thats either a very little man or a very big dog.But hes pretty.The dog not the man.

12. Rabbitfootforme

Rabbitfootforme Well-Known Member

lol, that is not right.... still lol

13. Circle4p

Circle4p Well-Known Member

Alabama
    That away to get that check Burnett... lol

14. bear128

bear128 Well-Known Member

maryland
    Daddy rabbit had a bluetick from miss Sally he bred to a lot of his weircreeks he always said that male Jeb I believe was his name threw nothing but blueticks no reds at all . Blue is a more dominant gene

15. Ken's Kennels

You have to have the red recessive gene on both sides from what little bit I understand about that stuff.

16. LtELmer

that is what I seen on the pedigrees,red on both sides.

17. AJ Johnson

AJ Johnson Well-Known Member

Thabo a big dog. What size is he?

Circle4p and [email protected] like this.
  18. Ken's Kennels

Check out his Facebook page Barry Logsdon. Has some good Bramlett dogs bred now. I was going to get one last year but he didn't have enough females.

19. TRK

TRK Well-Known Member

That is correct.

20. adam on the eagle

adam on the eagle Active Member

My first two dogs were pups I bought from miss Sally McGehee. A male and a female both were Bluetick with black blanket backs tan pic points over their eyes and red tick socks on their feet. They were bred twice and 80% of the pups came out looking just like mom and dad. The other twenty percent were black and white with the tan pic points. I just bred female out of them this spring to a Bramlett dog. Four of the pups came out looking like Oakhill Blueticks and three are Black and Tan. I’ve been told that the Bluetick gene is dominant. The little bit of breeding I’ve done this has been my experience with my Oakhill dogs

Attached Files: