Numbers

Discussion in 'Rabbit Hunting and Beagling' started by dblevens, Jan 25, 2010.

1. Just curious, those who keep up with numbers, how many rabbits ya'll got so far?

2. 45. Going on 53 this morning. :razz:

3. RKW

RKW Active Member

ZERO working on NUMBER (1). Just running those WABBITS so far. :beagle::beagle::beagle:

4. RKW

RKW Active Member

Dang it!!!!!!!!!! I missed number one about 30 minutes ago. I must have (CHS)disease.:smack::smack:

5. FB

FB Administrator Staff Member

We're at 41 right now which is WAY down from where it should be.

6. got 50. Thats more than we had last year . Still got about 6 more hunts if the weather will hold out.

7. pa beagler

pa beagler New Member

105 with 1 week to hunt. by far my best year .

8. Only reason pa beagler has 105 is cause of me!!! Next year we gotta keep track who shot how many. Of course just getting to run the dogs is a great day!!

9. Now tom, we all know its a team effort. The dogs are the ones that count, we just shoot em when they come out on our side and don't keep count of how many "I" shoot. :D

10. RKW

RKW Active Member

Just took my 1st rabbit this morning after a 3 hour race. What a relief after so many missed shots. Now I can just run them again. I'm going to give this one to a retired preacher who wants one to eat. I think he is about 88 years old. WHEW!!!!!!!!:clap::clap:

Roger

11. pa beagler

pa beagler New Member

we ended our season with 110. thanks tom for all the help!ha!ha! but remember it's about the dogs and running the bunnies i could care less if we kill them. but i am ready for next year already.:up:

12. Good going PA. We got one more weekend left, thats two hunts if my wife lets me skip church, and I got number 70 this morning. Don't think I'm gonna make it to 100. Guess there's always next year.

13. Crofford

Crofford New Member

We got number 75 this morning probably only got one hunt left.

14. pa beagler

pa beagler New Member

this is the first time we ever got 100. everthing just seemed right this year and the dogs were amazing. i never really counted before but i know we never did this good.

15. Tim

Tim New Member

Ohio
    Just wondering do you guys eat all of the ones you kill. I don't kill but only 2 or 3 all year. I just like to watch and hear the dogs run.

16. I've ate every one that I've killed, other than the three I gave my mom, and the ones that my partner takes. Fry them dudes up with some taters and biscuits and gravy. :up:

17. pa beagler

pa beagler New Member

i agree i love to hear the dogs run, but to answer your question yes we eat every rabbit we kill. i wouldn't kill it if i wasn't going to eat it. i eat it fried,bbq,shake and bake,in the crock pot with taters and carrots, rabbit corn soup, and like a pulled pork sandwich but rabbit. and there is always someone asking for rabbits so on the days we don't want them there is always someone who don't or can't hunt anymore that is thrilled to recieve some fresh rabbit. oh i almost forgot stuffed rabbit. stuff with filling and roast like a chicken or turkey. i just remembered in the south ya'll don't stuff your birds do you? you make dressing and it's outside the bird. maybe we should start a recipe thread.

18. pa beagler

pa beagler New Member

can't forget rabbit pot pie!!! mmmmm!!!mmmmm!!! good!:clap:

19. Crofford

Crofford New Member

Yes we eat them I don't believe in killing them if their not going to be eaten. I love rabbit and my neighbor waits for me to bring him some every year. Right now my buddy has been taking most of them they have a cookout coming up at their church in two weeks and he always fries up a bunch of rabbit. I love just listening to the dogs run but when it's season I like to do a little shooting to I keep count of how many we kill and where so we don't over hunt any particullar spot I also have several places I don't hunt just run dogs there.