Nice weekend

Discussion in 'Field Trials' started by LtELmer, May 4, 2019.

1. LtELmer

LtELmer Well-Known Member

MET RABBIT DOG.MEMBERS Plus good beaglers. I am not sure I enjoy the trialing as much as the others but there was some really good running.Mike Witter is a great friend !

2. TJRANGER

TJRANGER Super Moderator Staff Member

Arkansas
    That’s awesome!! Glad you got to experience it at least. I’ve wanted to go to a big event like that to see how its done. Havnt even been to a local trail in several years.

3. Saddletramp

Saddletramp Well-Known Member

Yes it was a good weekend glad to meet you and Witter didn't stay to watch the males run today afraid it was going to rain didn't want to be on the road after dark had a 7 hour drive sorry the males didn't do so good for y'all

4. saltblock

saltblock Active Member

The best people you will ever met are right hear on this site!!!! Had the time of my life hanging out with you guys.

5. Md deadeye

Md deadeye Well-Known Member

Maryland
    I really need to get to one of these events or outings. You all seem like some real nice people. I finally met mike Witter and he is a real nice guy.
    I thought I was the only one on here that wasn’t old :D but I met huntahill and I think he might be younger than me. And huntahill doesn’t know I will be trying to get on some of those South Carolina properties with him.

Last edited: May 5, 2019
  6. huntahill

huntahill Well-Known Member

It was nice to meet you as well Md, give me a shout whenever you head down we’ll find somewhere to run a dog or two

7. Robert L. Dunn

Robert L. Dunn Well-Known Member

I am glad to see that some of you are going to field trials and seeing what it is really about. Men and women who field trial have fun like others do just running their dogs. About the only difference is that someone else gets to judge your dogs instead of you. And the type/style/likes and dislikes of the owners of the dogs. The dogs are the result of man's doing, not the dogs. I'll bet the first dogs brought to this country were not walkie/talkie's but something else. Then someone wanted to slow them down and have them bark on every track. Then someone wanted to speed them up and maintain the line control. And someone else wanted them to run faster and was willing to give up some line control to get there. You get the point and judges just have to deal with what they are given. So when we bash the dogs we are really bashing man's work.

8. mwitter

mwitter Well-Known Member

Fay nc
    We had a great time didn’t we have LT

bentleyboys, Circle4p and Curnel like this.
  9. LtELmer

LtELmer Well-Known Member

I WAS GLAD I went,YES Mike we did.

bentleyboys and Circle4p like this.