Rabbit Dogs banner

1K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  Echo Hill's 
#1 ·
Hello everyone

I just found out about this site and thought I might join in since I see alot of folks on here that I know quite well.
The ESPO site gets boring with all the infighting and jealous people posting there and I am not about all that stuff. I like being around good people and good rabbits hounds!
Let me know, if I can help anybody out, with what info I can muster up on what is going on in North Louisiana.

James R Murphy
Echo Hill's Kennels
Marion,La

#7 ·
What type of hound do you run James, and bloodline. We are always tickled to death to have new members. I dont think you will hear bloodline or the speed of a hound being bashed on this site, or at least I havn't heard it so far. We are looking forward to hearing your point of view on some of these topics

#9 ·
Jeff

Thanks to everyone for the welcome.

I run mostly a more conservative type 13" hound now as opposed to what I had when I was trialing alot. I like one smooth and clean with the desire to run for as long as I want to listen or kill the rabbit. Speed wise I like a 5-6 but on hunt 7-10.

Most of my stuff is young (this year derbies) but I have a Midnight Hawk/ Get Along Black Magic female that is 3yo that is very nice. The derbies are mostly Flat Creek/Blackcreek, Choptalk Little Cooter/Pro and Clear Cur Gomer/Pro.

Hard not to have a pen of the old Blackcreeks but I am trying something different. I can always go back with all the Blackcreeks around here where I live!

James

#12 ·
Thanks guys for warm welcome!

Jeff

I live about 10 miles north of Mr Gerald's place, going north towards Strong, Ark. Have spent alot time over the years with him and his wonderful wife at Cottonland BC when we were all members over there.

To this day I still say Mr Gerald's Rabbit Road Becky was as good a producer as Blackcreek Polly II was. Mighty big shoes to compare to but Becky could have been bred to a pit bull and the pups would run some rabbit! Also Freddie, these were some Blackcreeks that actually could smoke a bunny that were out of Becky, Coleman's Black Bob and all his litter mates, Midnight Mister, Brushfire Driver, my own Brushfire Sissy ( the only female ever out of Ban-Jo and Becky) and their litter mates, plus several others that slip me that I have personally seen run.

I haven't talked to anybody since last week but I think everything is about the same according to Rev Charles Stevenson. We all need to keep him and his family in our prayers.

James

#17 ·
Hello Mr Ben

Just 1 half BC off Midnight Hawk and some young ones with a little bit in them. What I need is Old Torrie back cause I would do it different, knowing what i know now. I probably won't run him,just let him rest between breeding him. He was a heck of a producer and was very under used to say the least.We were talking about him just the other day and somebody bought up a time when we were running in the middle of the summer. The rabbit would come out on a dirt road and run down 300 or 400 feet before turning in the brush. It was so dusty the dogs looked like they should have chocked on the dust but Ole Torrie would take them down there like He was running on dew, awesome nose and abilty to use it. Miss the Old guy for sure.

My Fc Eve's Black Magic Cookie was a Torrie pup. she won a Gundog Brace trial, 2 SPO trials,placed in 2 couple pack and a Dissimaliar Large Pack. Not too many have ever done that. Finished with way over 200 points in 4 states.Also died very young, way before her time.

James

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.