New Wormer?

Discussion in 'Beagle Health' started by RKW, Jan 23, 2010.

1. RKW

RKW Active Member

What about worming a pregnant hound mid stage or at any stage of pregnancy? Your thoughts?

2. RKW

RKW Active Member

Jeff I never have but I have heard guys say they did and I don't want to take a chance with the pups. I'd rather wait and worm all of them later.

3. Jeff Gammon

Jeff Gammon Active Member

I worm them before breeding, and after the pups are born, and every time I worm the pups

4. about a week before the female is due to have pups i will give her nemex and then a week after she has the pups i nemex her again. works good for us

5. FB

FB Administrator Staff Member

I do it like Jeff. Worm em about the time I breed em, then worm the pups and the momma starting at two weeks old.

If you only use something like Nemex it would probably be OK but she'd have to have em pretty bad before Id do it myself.

6. U can worm the mother with ivomec just like normal every month during the pregnancy and it won't hurt the pups.

7. ManUp72

ManUp72 Member

Wormers

Safeguard is a broad spectrum wormer active ingredient fenbendazole it is the safest wormer on the market 1cc per 4.4lbs is the correct dosage
    Buying Nemex,Strongid -t and Evict which hits hookworms,roundworms and pinworms is a waste of money just buy a big bottle of pyrantel pamote which is the active indgredient.

I like Valbazen to worm dog's it's the cheapest $60.00 for a 1000ml bottle but it's not the safest wormer on the market it's hard on the liver keep water on them to flush them out.
    It eliminates tapeworms,hookworms,round worms and whipworms in dogs and puppies,,treat with Valbazen active indgredient (abendazole) liquid/sheep wormer 2 days in a row.Retreat in 21 days. do not use on pregant dogs it is highly recommended by dog owners for 25 years.It is reconized by vets to be effective.Adult dog dosage is 1cc per 10lbs of body weight.The puppy dose is 1/10cc per 10lbs. of body weight.This wormer can be used on the mother and the pups.2,3,4,6,8,10,13,and 15 weeks of age for pups and 2,3,4 weeks for the mom.It also prevents and kills the Giardia parasites

8. beagleman01

beagleman01 Active Member

i have always used the strongid t about a week before and while she is nursing and have never had any problems

9. Bglenut

Bglenut New Member

I am like the post above - I worm my females right brefore I know I am going to breed them and give them a 7-1 shot also.

I worm her again when I worm the pups at 10 to 14 days old.

I use Strongid T Liquid

10. dbounds

dbounds Active Member

I use Valbazen. Worm the gyp right before I breed her. Start the pups between two and three weeks! I use Ivomec every month and valbazen once a quarter. Since I've been usuing this schedule, I've never shown any worms at any vet checks!