Rabbit Dogs banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

i got this from a guy i knew for free. it was covered in rust, wrapped in chain link, and had a wood with tin roof. the roof actually flew off while my buddy was hauling it on his flat bed wrecker to my residence. my buddy and i wire wheeled it, sprayed it done with lock tite rust neutralizer, and put two coats of rust oleum professional primer. i brought it to my welding shop and we flipped it. the bottom will now be the top and vice versa. the back and sides will be 2"x4" 6 gauge horse panel. the front will be 2 feet up with panel and the top half will be a 2'x4' door that hinges upward. 1/8 plate will be welded to the top ceiling joist to create a 1 on 12 pitch. then 1/8 by 4" plate will be welded to that for slats to screw my tin to. i will post pics as we progress.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Hey Tim, that should fit perfect on your 4-wheeler:clap:. If I ever build another I thought about putting it on a metal frame with wheels on it to be able to move with the truck if I had to.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

well i got my kennel back. now im gonna wire wheel all the burn spots and new metal then prime. ill post pics when done and kennel is in final resting place.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I just got back from San Antonio tonight. I went run last thrusday but y'all went there. Actually no one was there. I had the whole place to myself. Lol. I'm gonna try to finish that kennel this weekend and run Sunday morning. Holler at me if you want to get together.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I built a few pens like that out of some old security gates they were getting rid of.
Set the legs on patio blocks so it don't sink...wielding a pipe along the bottom as a skid runner will allow you to move it around to fresh ground...:thumb:
If you keep females in it, they will last for ever. If you keep males, you have to keep after their marking post. (man that pee will eat-up the pipe)

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks Patch. I plan on putting it on a slab I have and keeping females and litters in once they hit 5 or so months old. I haven't had a chance to do anything since I got it back because it's been rain everyday with those tropical depressions in the Gulf. Maybe this weekend I can finish the painting.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts