Rabbit Dogs banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been around beagles and other hunting hounds for almost 40 years. I have taken the last 5 to 6 years off. Since then I have adopted a couple of fine young girls. They both have a lot of interest in beagles and rabbit hunting. The oldest about to be 14 is an all around hunter, she loves it all. This is what is bringing me back to hounds and hunting. We are in Indiana near Muncie and are looking for a hound or two. I would like a 13” or under Med to Med/fast. If you can help, please do. Thanks to all in advance!

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Indy, first off I have to commend you on adopting your girls! My 2 oldest daughters adopted me 5 years ago, we love it when people tell us how much they look like their daddy lol.

As for dogs I can't directly help you in your search. What I can do is invite you and your daughters to Somerset KY the last weekend of January for our 3rd annual rabbitdogs.net get together. We will have dogs and handlers from all over. I'm sure you could find a lead or 2 on a good dog to help you get started back in the right direction. I think a couple guys might be bringing a few young dogs to trade on. Either way I promise you all will have a blast. Let me know if you need any more info. Be glad to help!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Good to see another Hoosier!! good luck with your dog hunt. I just picked a few up recently that are nice medium speed dogs. They are hard to find but there out there. I have two young boys that love it and a little girl that likes to be with her daddy running rabbits. I’m up north by Plymouth and don’t have anything to let go right now but I will keep you in mind if anything comes up.

·
Registered
4,650 Posts
Do your daughters currently shoot? Have they taken their hunters safety course ? That would be a great start.
A lot of schools now have shooting teams in there high schools that would be fun to join.
Good luck finding a beagle.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Do your daughters currently shoot? Have they taken their hunters safety course ? That would be a great start.
A lot of schools now have shooting teams in there high schools that would be fun to join.
Good luck finding a beagle.
Yes, both of my daughters shoot and the oldest has been through the hunters safety program. I am not just starting nor are they other than them wanting to run hounds regularly. As I mentioned, I have 40 years hunting behind me with about 35 of them being with hounds so there isn’t really anything new to me. Just trying to locate a couple of hounds.

·
Registered
4,650 Posts
Yes, both of my daughters shoot and the oldest has been through the hunters safety program. I am not just starting nor are they other than them wanting to run hounds regularly. As I mentioned, I have 40 years hunting behind me with about 35 of them being with hounds so there isn’t really anything new to me. Just trying to locate a couple of hounds.
I hope you can find a couple of dogs, it would be fun running with your daughters, good memories.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.