Rabbit Dogs banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got her from Jai Diggs. I havent heard her bark yet but Im sure its gonna have a little bit of cajun twang to it. :whistle:

I cant post the whole pedigree but her sire is FC Steve's Bayou Smokey Joe and her dam is a FC Cotton Country Black Joker bitch.

Since she's from New Orleans I wanted to try to come up with a "cajun" name for her.

My granddaughter did some checking on the internet and she came up with Josephine but I think that might be too long. Im already one of the best grandpas in the world but Id probably go up another notch or two if she got to name her so thats probably what its gonna be. She also suggested Bella, Dephine, and Acadia. I was leaning toward Dot or Dottie because of the dot eyes but there's a pretty good chance its gonna be Josephine.

If she runs as good as her ears are long she ought to make a fine rabbit dog. I hope she grows into em cause theyre longer than her nose. She cant take a drink of water without gettin' her ears in it.

·
Premium Member
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess I was wrong but I thought pretty much all of south louisiana was considered Cajun country. Oh well, you can sure get some good Cajun food there so I guess it's close enough for this. :wink:

Posted with TouchBB on my iPhone

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
FB, Heres a list off the top of my head,
Josephine would work, call her JO, JO. Katrina is as New Orleans as you can get these days. Creole Dot, Pontchartrain,Pearl, Chloe, (Chloe is the wife of Boudreaux) Nola, Magnola, Arcadia which means cajun.

·
Premium Member
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ha ha, not that aint the one Clinton. :D

I posted her pedigree on my site;

http://copperheadhillbeagles.com/dogs.htm

She's the last dog on the page. Copperhead Hill Josephine for now but I reserve the right to change it by the time I send her papers in.

Thanks for the compliments on her.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Your getting warmer!!! Now , That's the ticket! Fine pup!!!!

Now you have two nice bred hounds to breed to your Little Red dog.

If I remember right Little Red has a bunch of Allen Watsons old blood in it. He won and or placed in the SPO Nationals with some of that stuff.

Now breed those hounds and don't sell a pup. Start em all and run em a good long time before you move one. Don't get in a hurry with them. Give them some time and a good long look. They may change some.

Freddie, your gonna get some more real nice rabbit dogs.

Congratulations and good luck.

Mitch Huguet

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
That is a well line bred pup the Butler's Angel and her Sister Butler's Jill produced some real good blackcreeks.....

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Josephine

I guess Josie would be short for Josephine. Might be easier for the dog to learn. Good looking pup.------Rodgerl

·
Registered
908 Posts
Butler's Angel and Butler's Jill were littermates to my FC Echo Hill's Becky. Also littermates to FC Cotton Country Blue Belle. Becky was probably the best I will ever own without any question. I only bred her 1 time due to working so much and have regretted that many times.

·
Premium Member
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes, Josey will be her call name. I should edit my post cause its already stuck. My wife and granddaughter are calling her that and I kinda like it myself too.

Some of you guys should write a book or at least a column or something about some of these dogs. You see em in a pedigree and some of you that know about em or saw em or owned em say something, then its hard to find if you want to read it again.

·
Registered
908 Posts
After I sold out they got scattered all around Central La. Some have since died and I lost contact with the others. Robbie Crossfield had Lady and Bobby Durr had Becky both of which are gone now.

What I have now are some that were bred off several hounds (old Blackcreek blood)that I have previously owned or have run with. I like some of them just as much as my old hounds but do not care much about trialing anymore.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts