Rabbit Dogs banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,
With the gulf being full off oil we have decided to spend 3 weeks in N.C. and Tenn. What is the mujst do, must see. I will be in Bevard N.C. and Gatlinberg Tenn. ( I guess)

I have a 15 year old boy and a nine year old girl to entertain.

·
Premium Member
2,743 Posts
Rosco it is a little bit of a drive from Gatlinburg, but if you have time you have to take a drive through Cades Cove. You will see all kinds of wildlife up close. It's full of deer,turkey,and black bear. You can even go horse back riding if you like riding them. There are also alot of old homeplaces. It looks like Little House on the Prairy. It's also a good place for a picnic. Have fun. Bobby

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bobby, Thanks
I have 1 day scheduled for Cades cove.
As of now we plan to spend most of our time seeing the mountains and wild life.
I think my wife has a picnic scheduled every day to help out on the econimics.

How about the train ride and rafting in Brysin ? My son wanted to do that ?

·
Registered
82 Posts
We were there two weeks ago. At Cade's Cove, we saw six black bear. We did not see as many deer as usual, probably because of the heat. Go over to Cataloochee in North Carlolina to see the elk. We saw 13, including three big bulls in velvet. It is a winding road in there, but well worth the drive. Coming back out, just don't take the road to Big Creek that says 16 miles. It is a narrow, winding dirt road and took over over two hours to travel the 16 miles. I hear there are alot of elk in Cherokee, NC, but we did not see any there.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Between Cades Cove and Cherokee there is an old grist mill. You would love going by there and seeing how they make flour. There is also a nice trail to walk to a waterfall on that road somewhere.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Abram Falls is the fall that is on the back side of the Cades Cove loop. It is 2.5 miles one way. Take some old shoes, don't wear your good ones like I did. Now they are old ones.

·
Premium Member
2,743 Posts
Hey Rosco, When are you going to Cades Cove? We went this weekend and got back home this morning. We went through Cades Cove Friday evening. We started in at about 6 pm but didn't see much so we made the loop again at about 730. Everything started coming out at about sundown. We saw 25 or 30 deer including 5 or 6 bucks, 8 or 10 turkeys, and 5 or 6 bears. One of the bears was probably over 500 lbs. It's head was as big as a 5 gallon bucket. We didn't do much because of the heat. It was pretty miserable. Anyway just wanted to let you know the later in the evening you go through the cove the more you'll see.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ramsey,
I think we are going early,
picnicing and leaving late.
Thanks for the detailed info.

Is is bow season up there ?

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
who cares i wanted to shoot some of them monster bucks any how even if the game warden was leading him lol as long as i got to keep the head:up:

·
Registered
343 Posts
Dixie stamped. We had fun with the waiter . He was a joker. I told him that was the smallest chicken I ever seen, Bring the other 1/2 out in a dogie bag,

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hunter, At the dixie stampeed they serve "Dixie Chicken " thats why its so small.
We don't givem much time to grow.

·
Premium Member
2,743 Posts
No hunting in Cades Cove!
Tim, you shoot one of those deer you'ld be lucky to keep your own head.
Hey Rosco, The Comedy Barn in Pigeon Forge is a blast. I just about fell out of my chair laughing. It's a little expensive though. About 25 bucks a person.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts