Males or Females

Discussion in 'Rabbit Hunting and Beagling' started by dbounds, Jan 7, 2010.

1. dbounds

dbounds Active Member

Which do most of you like better? Males or Females? I have 8 grown hounds 4 males and 4 females. I have 6 pups 3 males and 3 females. I like the way females usually start early but I like a good male once they are grown.

2. I like females better .I do have afew males

3. SHOOTER

SHOOTER New Member

NE AR
    I like females better

4. Jeff Gammon

Jeff Gammon Active Member

Don't matter much to me. The best hound I have now is a female, but there is 2 times a year I can't run her. I have 2 grown males and 3 grown females, 1 male pup 1 female pup. I guess my problem is I like them both to much.

5. problem with my two males is they like to fight, and are really competitive with each other. I like the females.

6. plumber

plumber Active Member

In the field Females. In the kennel for sure Females. I have 2 males, but my females are so much easier. I wouldnt say they hunt harder, but in every other catagory their heads above males in my opinion.:thumb: Oh I forgot to say they do come in heat twice a year, but males are in heat every day of the year.

7. beagleman01

beagleman01 Active Member

i have 9 beagless 7 females and 2 males like my females better in the field but do hat that time of year when they are in heat cause when one comes in they all come in

8. RKW

RKW Active Member

I like to hunt females better than males. In nature the females are the ones that hunt for food. :up:

9. Crofford

Crofford New Member

I prefer females it seems to me they are better hunters most of the time,but I will say when you do find a sure enough good male they are hard to beat.