MackC

Discussion in 'The Tailgate' started by bterry, Mar 30, 2010.

1. bterry

bterry New Member

Hey Mack,
    I was looking on your site earlier and really liked the looks and the breeding on one of your little males I believe it was the klondike dog. How old is he? and what is his running style? have you ever trialed him? Sorry to ask so many questions.

2. MackC

MackC Moderator

Klondike is this years derby. I bought him at Christmas from a guy in Indiana to use in my breeding program. He was just well started when I bought him, I hunted him pretty heavy the rest of the season with my all age dogs. He is what I consider a medium fast. He looks good after about an hour of running. Having to compete with aged dogs and getting rabbit fur in his mouth has made him a little rough for SPO trials. I entered him in an SPO derby trial a couple of weeks ago and got picked up pretty quick. I am since going to just solo him for awhile and let him really learn how to run a rabbit. Make no mistake, when he's good he's real good, he just needs to mature. I do plan on breeding a couple of females to him this spring. Thanks for asking.