Rabbit Dogs banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
My name is Josh and I just recently moved right outside of Huntsville, Al. I am looking for anyone in the area that would like to get together and run every now and then, or someone that may know of some places to run. I am having a hard time finding any, and usually have to drive back to TN to run. I run SPO type dogs that run with power and control. My number is 931-205-6974.
thanks

·
Registered
128 Posts
Looking for people to run with

I am also looking for people and new place's to run. If anyone around central ark is intrested let me. I run med speed blackcreek dogs.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I live in Moulton which is about 45 miles west of huntsville got a pretty decent place to run if you want to came over some time. What side of Huntsville do you live on.
Beau Terry
256-318-4457

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I beleive it would be Northeast Madison County. I live off of Maysville Road. Not sure if you are familiar with that. I really appreciate the offer. I may give you a call and come over there one weekend. What style of hounds do you run? You run swampers or mostly cottontails there?
Thanks
Josh
931-205-6974

·
Registered
172 Posts
I run mostly cottontails but during the winter will get on several swampers when we are hunting. I run SPO style dogs and trial in the UBGF and Deep South Federations.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
bterry,
There is a management area in lowdens co. betwen selma and Montg. Why don't ya'll pick a weekend in the early fall and lets run dogs. The WMA is set up perfect for it. Could even open rabbit season there if you wanted to. They also have a corps of eng. camp ground that is real nice if we wanted to run for a couple of days.

Roll Tide

·
Registered
172 Posts
What WMA is that one and if its like the ones around here if you dont get there early in the season it will be hunted out quick.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would be up for meeting you guys there for a run to. Any chance to run swampers im up for it, and also a chance to meet some fellow beaglers. I run spo type hounds as well. I am trying to get into trialing. I went to 3 derby trials this year and hope to hit some more this fall. Mr. Terry and weekend that you want to get together and run, give me a call. 931-205-6974 Any saturday or sunday I could drive over there and meet you. If i ever luck up and find a good place close to here to run, I will return the favor.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Falls,
There is a big creek that runs thru the wma. I am sure there would be swampers in there.
I have deer hunted the area several times. Never had a reason to make the drive to rabbit hunt but it looks perfect. I am sure there will be plenty of rabbits to run. We will plan a trip for the fall. leave your best You and Terry may want to leave your best dogs at home so my dogs want look to bad.

·
Registered
172 Posts
what you talking about rosco Im bringing my best I cant have you coming back to the board telling everyone how bad your dogs beat mine LOL I think we will have a good time. Josh I'm not old enough to be a Mr. Terry yet let me see about a weekend and I will let you know. I know Im running this saturday unless my wife changes my plans Ive got a derby Im trying to get ready for the deepsouth championship so I will be running alot over the next week. Your welcome to join me.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Terry,
Is that the derby in Miss. this month. I think the 21-22 or 20-21. which ever that Friday and Saturday is ? If it is I think Brandon and I are comming. I don,t know if we are going to make both days yet.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was going to see if you two would leave your best at home so mine won't look bad. lol I will not be able to run this saturday, gotta do a little wedding stuff to get ready for the big day. This derby championship that you guys are going to, what did you have to do to qualify? I got a 4th at central alabama with my batman derby, did that qualify me for the deepsouth runoff?
Thanks

·
Registered
172 Posts
yep that would qualify you. I'm actually not getting to go the trial myself but my buddy is and he's running my female for me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts