Rabbit Dogs banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Currently trying to get house ready to sell and girlfriend came across my old log books. I had everything in their, temp, psi, wind speed, location, time, who was along, what gun, how many tracks how many kills. She read through and looked at me and said ..... "See now this is what I'm talking about when I say that you can really be anal and take things to an extreme"
I still keep logs.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I keep one in my mind.
And believe me when I tell you that my recent entries into my memory log book are fading away just about as fast as they are entered! Age has a funny way of doing that. Older I get, worse my logbook is. I may need to start jotting down some notes on paper....

·
Super Moderator
5,993 Posts
I used to keep log books about every detail of a hunt but about 5 years ago quit because of my work load. I enjoyed reading it after season and making kennel decisions based on facts instead of my memories! I don’t run or raise as many dogs as I used to but May start again since retirement!! It was an asset for good kennel decisions.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
No log books here fellas , I have to keep a log book of my every move at work and another for my counterpart on opposite shift. Same reason I won’t be doing any trialing I want to rabbit hunt for fun not work .
But for the ones that do that’s awesome

·
Registered
65 Posts
I don't keep a log, never have, but in listening to some podcasts, they talk about this hound log book. I thought it was pretty cool. Not enough to buy one and start keeping a log but I thought the way they put the log book together was very well done. It was designed for hound owners.

·
Super Moderator
3,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't keep a log, never have, but in listening to some podcasts, they talk about this hound log book. I thought it was pretty cool. Not enough to buy one and start keeping a log but I thought the way they put the log book together was very well done. It was designed for hound owners.
Thats the log book I use.

·
Registered
832 Posts
I had a calendar for my squirrel dog kills I’d just jot down how many we killed on that day and tally my count up at the end of the year.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I started last year. NC wildlife sent me an “avid rabbit hunter survey “ and I kept up with it. I have not broken it down to bucks and does but just hours, shooters, jumps and kills. I am adding who jumps for this year to see who jumps the most.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts