Rabbit Dogs banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The following is regular for us but thought it may be a little different for some of you.

This is an email sent out to us at work.

Team,

It’s that time of year again.

Please be careful,

ALL the little Baby Alligators are on the move!

This is one of many enjoying the warn asphalt in our parking lot. Cute little booger.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No sir.

I can see her 10 foot long self sunning on the bank of the decorative pond just fine 100 feet away at the edge of the parking lot.

It's the 13 foot long 4 foot wide bull daddy I don't see that keeps me looking while walking from my truck to the office in the morning and evening.

·
Registered
666 Posts
No sir.

I can see her 10 foot long self sunning on the bank of the decorative pond just fine 100 feet away at the edge of the parking lot.

It's the 13 foot long 4 foot wide bull daddy I don't see that keeps me looking while walking from my truck to the office in the morning and evening.
Yep..... I'd be draining that pond lol

·
Registered
310 Posts
Better than snakes!!!😜
Back when it was legal I used to commercially fish softshell turtles in Florida.One bright moonlit night I was checking my lines and every line was either empty but tangled or it had a hardshell turtle on it.Just as I was thinking that it was almost as if a gator was eating any softshell turtles I caught and leaving me the rest a plane flew over.I looked at it and looked back down at the water and I saw 3 red lights on the water.I was about knee deep in the water when I saw this.I quickly realized that I was looking at the eyes of the gator that had eaten my turtles for me, with one eye reflected on the water, and it was about 2 tail swishers away.I finished my work ASAP and left.In the Big Cypress (The Garden of Eden)I've seen a good sized gator with most of it's top jaw freshly torn off in a fight.As long as I can see them first I'll take my chances with a snake. But could be it's because I like snakes!

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
I've had several hounds vanish into thin air over the years when running in the spring and summer at night. I've always suspected a gator may have gotten at least a couple but i got no proof

·
Registered
81 Posts
Couple years ago it was cooler & wet on July 4 th. My boy & I decided to take dogs out for little run. They soon jumped a little rabbit little less half grown & was running it. It came close to haul road along ditch. Dogs ran by about 50 feet in front me they stopped jumped up in bank & started baying. I run over see what was happening & a Hugh pine snake had caught the rabbit & coiled itself tightly around it. All you could see was a few hairs of rabbit between the snakes wrapped body. I caught the snake behind the head then started pulling as hard as I could & it uncoiled & rabbit fell out & took off with the dogs in pursuit. I finished taking care of the snake. The little rabbit got in brush pile shortly after. Afterwords I got to thinking just like that little rabbit that old serpent the devil has us wrapped up in sin. & how our Lord & Savior came & freed us through his sacrifice on the cross. I’m amazed at how God’s creation reminds us of all his works.
IMG_1619975263.738159.jpg

1 - 20 of 25 Posts