legends of beagling

Discussion in 'Videos' started by [email protected], May 5, 2020.

1. thefoxes85@hotmail.com

[email protected] Well-Known Member

michigan
    Last edited: May 5, 2020

2. KyBrushBuster

KyBrushBuster Well-Known Member

Cool video! I'd say Indian Hills Major was as good a lookin hound as there ever was. Thanks for posting!

3. Ernest Sawyers

Ernest Sawyers Well-Known Member

4. Circle4p

Circle4p Well-Known Member

Alabama
    Great song and cool video thanks for sharing

5. Gene Fedor

Gene Fedor Well-Known Member

nj
    Great video, song goes perfect with it.
    I tip my hat to the houndsmans of yester year

6. thefoxes85@hotmail.com

michigan
    I like Dingus McCrae, Warfield Red and Indian Hills Major. A little partial to the Patch as well.

7. Curnel

Curnel Well-Known Member

8. TJRANGER

TJRANGER Super Moderator Staff Member

Arkansas
    Love that video. I like that Dingus and Indian Hills also. Lots of legends for sure. Thanks for sharing Fox

9. brewer69

brewer69 Well-Known Member

Maryland
    Man to live the life style Willet Randle had , would be amazing . if you never read Wilderness Patchwork written by Willet do yourself a favor and read it

10. thefoxes85@hotmail.com

michigan
    Bought the book, read it and raised Patches for 20+ years.

11. tommy d

tommy d Active Member

GOOD VIDEO,,,,,,AM WANTING TO MAYBE GET INTO WIER CREEKS,,,,,,,AND TRY TO GET AS MUCH OF THE OLDER BLOODLINES THAT I CAN,,,,,,,,AS NEAR TO THE LINEAGE OF YELLOW CREEK FROM WIER CREEK I CAN...………….CAN I DO IT THIS WAY Y'ALL.....

12. LtELmer

LtELmer Well-Known Member

I guess why don't you just go with Yellow Creek,always can breed in Weir Creek.Those Willie pups if any left should fit the bill

13. Huntsman

Huntsman Well-Known Member

SE Ohio
    When people use the “Weir Creek” and “Yellow Creek” and “Dingus”, etc, they are referring to kennels or dogs from the 1980s or before. By 2020, that blood should be so watered down with subsequent crosses on other lines to render the original lines insignificant. Even more recent lines like Gay and Blackcreek and Shorts have probably been changed enough to not use those names further. Generally, after the original kennel owner (like L.M. Watson or Frank Reese or Tom Dornin) is no longer making the breeding decisions, the line ceases to exist. The line then should be called by the new breeder’s kennel name. I saw a pedigree recently that was practically all Boggy Holler but the person was calling them Weir Creeks! Are we stuck in the past with some of these lines?

14. gumptruck

gumptruck Well-Known Member

Very nice video thanks for sharing

15. thefoxes85@hotmail.com

michigan
    I and most of these guys would agree with you, and whatever or whoever wants to name or speak of their dogs is their prerogative. If we are stuck in the past then why are breeders establishing their own blood line, so we are in the future, but we can speak of the past.

Bowguy 1 likes this.
  16. Marshall Rowley

Marshall Rowley Well-Known Member

Tyner nc
    Man i wanted that video to keep going... Buzz bomb was a looker lol

17. Robert L. Dunn

Robert L. Dunn Well-Known Member

To my knowledge Buzz Bomb only produced one FC, Smith's Buzz Saw but he started a line of four HOF FC's in a row, himself, Buzz Saw, Buzz Line Director, and Coleman's Line Controller. He had producing power somewhere but it didn't show up like a lot of hounds who produce multi FCs. Maybe be on his dam's side. He was used a lot and I can't say I ever saw a bad hound out of him. Again, just an example of how a great one just don't pass it on consistently. Just as we were looking at race horses like Secretariat and Affirmed the other day who were triple crown winners but just didn't pass it down.

18. Blue55

Blue55 Active Member

KY
    That was a great video we need more of that on this site