Rabbit Dogs banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
I buy good sized water pistols, fill with water and when they bark if I am outside I give them a good spray down. JMO

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Last night a couple hours before dark the dogs were barking. I yelled out the bedroom window, kitchen window and went out side and yelled as well. I thought maybe a rabbit was by the kennels. I walked out and looked at my male Patch pup who jumped up and somehow got his right food wedged between the kennel wall and the pen. I crawled into the pen went to him, I put on gloves and tried to move his leg up the 10 inches to free it. He was biting at my hands, as I tried to get his leg freed between the kennel and pen. I was able to free him, I checked it over, no cuts or slivers, he was able to walk onto it with a minor limp. Checked him later and he was fine. JMHO
I was thankful we had not left for the Memorial Day weekend, he would have not been found until the neighbor came over in the afternoon. Now I have a job fixing the pen. I was glad he was not injured.
To end, sometimes they are kennel barking because something might be wrong. JMHO

·
Registered
414 Posts
I'm glad you found him before he was hurt,Foxxy.The longer this thread gets the happier I am that I kennel my hounds inside! When I was younger I kept most of my hounds outside and I didn't have any kennel barkers.The two I have now, when in the yard, will bark at anything, everything or nothing at all.When they get obnoxious I just bring them in.

·
Super Moderator
6,632 Posts
Fox believe it or not I had one when I was in the Marine Corps- I rodeoed a lot and wore it all the time. One time headed to a rodeo I had the windows down in my truck and my girlfriend ( now my wife of 45 years) started screaming that there was a rattlesnake in the truck. Lol I had grown used to it so didn’t even notice but I stopped and looked all in the truck. She wouldn’t get back in. I happened to think of my hatband and showed her and waved it and she heard the rattle. Lol that was also our first date! One to remember!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
I use the Garmin rechargeable unit set on automatic and it WILL stop the barking--1st time that a collar is still working after I removed it

Jim
Do you keep it on them all day and night? Just wondering if I need to take it off after a few hours or not. Other dog very rarely barks at anything

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Absolutely, I live inside the city limits and can tolerate Zero kennel barking. I bought each dog the Garmin bark collars and you can hear a pen drop. Now it takes some dogs a wee bit longer to learn so I keep a above ground kennel right outside the back door which I use on a new dog until it get acclimated to the bark collar but they WORK !
So you keep them on all day and night until they learn? Just wondering if I would need to take it off after a couple hours. I only have 1 that barks in kennel, other one very rarely ever barks

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
I was in the house and Lori was floating in the pool and my female Brandy was kennel barking. She was the dog that would not open on a rabbit because she thought the Garmin would shock her. Lori was yelling to Brandy to be quiet, I walked out to feed dogs and went into the exercise pen and watched a baby rabbit run out of the pen. That little bunny was taunting my dogs. Pretty funny, I am glad it wasn’t a snake. JMHO

21 - 35 of 35 Posts