Rabbit Dogs banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
545 Posts
Garmin rechargeable for me also. I had the the garmin that wasn't rechargeable but recently upgraded. DO NOT set it to automatic on the first day. Set it to 1 for a while then increase gradually. Once they learn what is causing them to get shocked, set it to auto. I had a slow learner on auto, made holes in the ground like a hog, hahahaha

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Garmin rechargeable for me also. I had the the garmin that wasn't rechargeable but recently upgraded. DO NOT set it to automatic on the first day. Set it to 1 for a while then increase gradually. Once they learn what is causing them to get shocked, set it to auto. I had a slow learner on auto, made holes in the ground like a hog, hahahaha
Lol I don’t go straight to auto anymore either I had 1 do the same thing and after a little bit I thought this fools gonna kill him self so I about got eat up trying to get it off him , acted a little funny the rest of the day but he sure kept his mouth shut

·
Registered
172 Posts
Lol I don’t go straight to auto anymore either I had 1 do the same thing and after a little bit I thought this fools gonna kill him self so I about got eat up trying to get it off him , acted a little funny the rest of the day but he sure kept his mouth shut
That's funny. Lol. My neighbor had a yard beagle that chased cars so he asked me if I would put my shocking collar on him and break him. I put the collar on and a car came down our road and the beagle made a dash for the road and car. About the time he hit the road, I gave him all the Tri Tronics Beagler had to offer, he tucked his head and rolled almost under the car while hollering at the same time. The driver of the car stopped and got out apologizing because he thought he had ran over the dog. It was a sight to be seen. A day later when he finally found the dog he gave my collar back with a weird look on his face. I told him your welcome, smiled and walked inside. He never chased cars again the remaining 2 years they lived there. Lol

·
Registered
211 Posts
That's funny. Lol. My neighbor had a yard beagle that chased cars so he asked me if I would put my shocking collar on him and break him. I put the collar on and a car came down our road and the beagle made a dash for the road and car. About the time he hit the road, I gave him all the Tri Tronics Beagler had to offer, he tucked his head and rolled almost under the car while hollering at the same time. The driver of the car stopped and got out apologizing because he thought he had ran over the dog. It was a sight to be seen. A day later when he finally found the dog he gave my collar back with a weird look on his face. I told him your welcome, smiled and walked inside. He never chased cars again the remaining 2 years they lived there. Lol
I am crying laughing, lol I would have paid money to watch your reaction when all heck was breaking loose.
Garmin rechargeable deluxe bark collars are on sale. They usually go on sale every spring. $30 off now $69. On sale I think till June 21. This is when I buy mine, if I need one. Any Garmin dealer should have them. I'm guessing all dealers have them on sale but not sure. I got mine from Conkey's dog supply in Hastings FL.. They have a website also.(904) 692-1568

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
Garmin is the best! I make up a dummy collar just as a reminder for the dog to wear. I change it up with the live one so they don’t know which one is which.
Be careful with amount of time the dog wears it don’t want them to be scared when you put on the tracking collar.
I bought a older pup that was a major kennel barker, when I went to run her she would not bark, she thought she would get shocked. Took a while but she figured it out and is running with a fast chop. JMO

·
Registered
79 Posts
I had a dog that did the Reverse Sneeze, wheezing or whatever it is call occasionally. This would activate the bark collar and it wasn't pretty. Dog would be struggling trying to catch his breath and breath from the Reverse Sneeze and at the same time being shocked. I thought the dog was going to die before I could get the collar off of him. JUST SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT BEFORE USING ONE ON YOUR DOG.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I use the Garmin rechargeable unit set on automatic and it WILL stop the barking--1st time that a collar is still working after I removed it

Jim
Absolutely, I live inside the city limits and can tolerate Zero kennel barking. I bought each dog the Garmin bark collars and you can hear a pen drop. Now it takes some dogs a wee bit longer to learn so I keep a above ground kennel right outside the back door which I use on a new dog until it get acclimated to the bark collar but they WORK !

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
My nephew was starting a dog for someone and that dog was a barker . He put a bark collar on that dog ( not the Garmin ) and he had to take the collar off because the dog didn’t stop barking and was getting sores from being shocked . He uses the water hose on them now and a handful of gravel , but who wants to get up in the middle of the night . I have 3 of his dogs here now and they hardly bark . I have only had his female here for about a month . She was barking for about 2 weeks when she first got here , but she has settled down now I hope . I sent the pregnant one back after the first week she barked so much . He said she is the quietest one at his house . She won’t here .

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
A high percentage of the time, not always but a high percentage of the time, if i had one that barked non stop in the kennel, even if i fixed the kennel barking problem, the dog turned out to be of low intelligence, and didnt end up being a keeper. I use a water hose on them and they usually stop. It takes an idiot to get burnt by a bark collar and never realize how to make the pain stop. The ones i had that were loud in the kennel usually were mouthy in the field too. I cant deal with it. It costs the same to feed a quiet good one as it does a loud mouthy one. We all got our pet peeves, thats mine

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
I’ve got a story for you on barking . About 2 years ago my nephew asked me to watch his dogs while he was on vacation . I just stayed there for the week . His dogs had me up all week from barking . He had 2 females in his unattached garage with 2 week old pups . After about 3 days of barking at night I was pissed off . One of the females started barking in the garage just as I had laid down to sleep . I went out the door yelling at her and went into the garage yelling at her and I turned on the light and there was a copperhead curled up right in front of the kennel door . I told her good girl and I went the rest of the week without much sleep , but I never yelled at them again .

1 - 20 of 35 Posts