Rabbit Dogs banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
It sounds like the local resident hunters need to petition the wildlife management department . I would never go there to rabbit hunt , but I would like to deer hunt there . I have a friend that leases land in Missouri . He goes there 2 week during deer season and always brings a wall hanger back . He sends me pictures of numerous nice bucks that he passes up and fields full of deer and turkeys . There are so many deer there that the landowner had them shooting every doe that they saw . I forget how many he shot this year , but he sent me a picture and they were stacked like wood by the cabin . I wouldn’t want to kill like that , but they have to be managed at some point if nature isn’t doing it , or disease will do it .

·
Registered
54 Posts
My Dad and I have been hunting Kansas for over twenty years now. Actually we were there last month and killed 41 in 4 days. Could we have killed more, sure we could. If we would have shot every rabbit we saw, no matter if the dogs were running it or not, we could have killed a lot more. But we are not in it for the numbers, we are in it for the dogs and watching them do their work. We treat every spot like we do at home and hunt it only once and leave plenty of seed. I can see where someone would be upset about out of towners killing their spot out, but you don't have to worry about us doing it. It actually happened to a spot we use to hunt there a few years ago. We had talked to the game warden and some boys out of Georgia pounded this spot for 2 days and killed over 100 rabbits. Needless to say it was not worth hunting that spot anymore. I hunt several different states every and it's not about trying to kill a huge number, it's about hunting different areas with different cover and enjoying my dogs.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Honestly is this a joke? My daddy and I will beat you up if you come to Kansas and shoot our rabbits. You don't own those rabbits the state does. Grow up man. You may not like it but unless your commission makes it illegal for out of state hunters to come hunt the public ground in Kansas these guys arent doing anything wrong. To come on a public forum and make threats like you did is absolutely ridiculous and childish.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.