Just a thought

Discussion in 'The Tailgate' started by jhelms, Apr 15, 2018 at 8:07 PM.

1. jhelms

jhelms Member

As I was running today I was thinking about my two young ones and was thinking that I have soloed 1 a lot and he always wants front the other has never been soloed but still helps the pack but has no problem slotted up and runs the front some but doesn’t fight for it. Could excessive solo work cause over competition in a dog?? Or is a dog just the way it is by nature?? Just a thought??

Wilbur likes this.
  2. rienmark

rienmark Active Member

I think number one you got to remember that all dogs are different but I've never seen soloing hurt any dog if they're over competitive that's just the way they are my rule of thumb is keep him a couple years if you don't like him after two two and a half years get rid of him he ain't going to change if you like him keep him

3. Wilbur

Wilbur Active Member

Brace ,solo, pack, pack,solo,brace, I think its hard to change genetics,but a very interesting topic none the less......Wilbur

4. rienmark

rienmark Active Member

Yeah you can take the boy out of the country but guess what

5. Wilbur

Wilbur Active Member

6. rienmark

rienmark Active Member

Hey Wilbur you ever eat beans and ketchup for a meal

7. Wilbur

Wilbur Active Member

10 4 but we always had pan cornbread and onion with it,man it's still good......Wilbur

rienmark likes this.
  8. Curnel

Curnel Member

You dang right it is Wilbur thats hard to beat , throw in a home grown tomato and your set

rienmark and Wilbur like this.
  9. rienmark

rienmark Active Member

Yeah we always put the corn bread in the bottom of the bowl fill it up with lima beans apply ketchup man y'all are old as dirt

10. jhelms

jhelms Member

I don’t believe it hurts a dog at all especially for trials you want them to be independent but for a simple pleasure run guy like me maybe it a little much. Was just something to think about and get input on that’s all