Rabbit Dogs banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
My dogs didn’t like it, and red runny stool
So I buy next cheapest thing, like Purina or Pedigree, something not currently on recall list hard to find something without corn for a decent price
Luckily my don’t eat much in this hot weather

·
Registered
486 Posts
I’ve fed the blue bag high protein in the past. Don’t over feed it and the terds were pretty good an overall decent feed for the money. I believe it was 27 protein 15 fat. And about 26$ a bag here now 48 pound bag

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Its all I feed I like it dogs eat it fine and I don’t spend a lot of time studying turds but thats just me lol
I’ve tried I don’t know how many different feeds and can tell absolute no difference in performance but I may just be stupid
When I was growing up and we coonhunted every night them rascals could go forever if they would’ve once had anything as good as retriever they’d thought they died and went to heaven

·
Registered
20 Posts
I use the high protein for pups, lactating females and winter food when more fat Is needed. I use the green bag all other times. Seems like a decent feed. These prices really add up when your feeding 10 dogs. LETS GO BRANDON

·
Registered
20 Posts
Years ago there was always someone selling dog food out of their garage. You don't see that anymore, probably because not as many people have hunting dogs. Good prices are a thing of the past. I hope Tractor supply doesn't quit selling retriever. Walmart Is the only other place that sells dog food local and I don't know how good It Is. Anyone use their feed ? LGB

·
Premium Member
136 Posts
Most dog foods are only made by a few large mills and private label under different names, they change color/shape and ingredients/fillers
Retriever made by Purina, Taste Of Wild made by Diamond etc.
Most all contain corn fillers at different rates
Which is not good
Try and buy one without corn and very expensive
Corn is what caused the Sportmix recall and poisoned dogs
But I’m sure most of us still feed food with corn fillers

1 - 17 of 17 Posts