Is it just me?

Discussion in 'Breeding, Bloodlines, and Pedigrees' started by RKW, Mar 26, 2010.

1. RKW

RKW Active Member

Is it just me, or are most of the stud dogs advertised on the east coast? I was thinking about having my Cocoa bear female bred to a strong Cocoa Bear FC but as I read the ads in the Hounds and Hunting all of them I saw seemed to be on the Atlantic coast states. So I started to check out other breeds also and many of them were that part of the country as well. Do we not have many FC in our part of the country or do they just not advertise very much? Just wondering if this is a relevant observation.

Roger

2. beagleman01

beagleman01 Active Member

dont know about the akc i run the nkc so i see alot of the champions and grand champions run so i have a wide selection to choose from and for the most paet they are akc registered also

3. RKW

RKW Active Member

Tim, do you know any Cocoa bred FC closer to us?

Roger

4. beagleman01

beagleman01 Active Member

no i dont wish i could help you out

5. Fc Wrights Little Deacon was in Mississippi, I don't know if he still is. He is bear bred on one side and robs diamond II on the other. You might check out a hounds and hunting magazine or do some research on this site http://espomagazine.com/board/viewforum.php?f=1 . I know you can find something on there.

6. RKW

RKW Active Member

Thanks Jamison I'll check that out.

Roger

7. Spini Boys

Spini Boys Moderator

That Deacon Hound was in MO. for a year or so and I several folks I know ran with him and said he is one hunting sun of a gun with brains to match. I am working on getting a gype off him.
    Good luck.

8. RKW

RKW Active Member

Spini, Where can I find out who has him now and maybe see his pedigree?

Roger

9. Terry Nelson has Deacon I've never seen him run but everyone I talk to say he is the real deal hard hunter and is pass it on to his pups here is Terry's web site has a pic and ped on there

http://hardtimeskennel.com/

10. You might check out fc tates yogi. He would be further than deacon but I've heard alot of good things about him. He is in Georgia. He is heavy bear bred on top and bear on bottom too. I don't know if you want big or small but he is big.

11. RKW

RKW Active Member

Jamison Tate's Yogi is exactly the one I would like to breed her to but it is 602 miles one way.

Roger

12. Yea that sucks. It seems like when you get ready to actually find a fc to breed to, all the ones you want to breed to are too far away. I will say this, if he is the one you really want to breed to I would call the guy and talk to him. Alot of times the guy will meet u somewhere or you could send her down there with someone who is going to a trial in that area and he could pick her up. You won't know until you call but he might work something out so you can get the two dogs together.

Jarred

13. Roger where u from I breed my gyp to a son of tates yogi he's 13'' and yogis throws smaller dogs blockie and got push