Rabbit Dogs banner

41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
2,753 Posts
Here we go not taking care of our own, not enough vaccines for USA citizens to get vaccinated. The government is going to let immigrants in to the US. Why? Who is going to give them vaccines ? They get the vaccine and USA citizens won’t have access because not enough to go around.
Shows who the priority are.
Teachers are not getting vaccinated yet schools are or will be opened. I still think Covid is for population control and for the USA citizens who will or have lost everything have to be dependent on the federal government for everything. It’s the rich and poor. JMO

·
Registered
207 Posts
I am only going by my caregiver provider told me (my Doctor) ... I need to be vaccinated ,not going by anything other then that ,Told me that the vaccine would kill you ....But The Covid 19 would ...I always leave it to the professionals .when it comes to my wife and mines health JMHO. Only side affects we both had was arm the shot was given was sore for 3 days ,after that nothing ...I will keep wearing a mask, it does not bother me.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I am only going by my caregiver provider told me (my Doctor) ... I need to be vaccinated ,not going by anything other then that ,Told me that the vaccine would kill you ....But The Covid 19 would ...I always leave it to the professionals .when it comes to my wife and mines health JMHO. Only side affects we both had was arm the shot was given was sore for 3 days ,after that nothing ...I will keep wearing a mask, it does not bother me.
Would Not Kil;l You ...My error

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Here we go not taking care of our own, not enough vaccines for USA citizens to get vaccinated. The government is going to let immigrants in to the US. Why? Who is going to give them vaccines ? They get the vaccine and USA citizens won’t have access because not enough to go around.
Shows who the priority are.
Teachers are not getting vaccinated yet schools are or will be opened. I still think Covid is for population control and for the USA citizens who will or have lost everything have to be dependent on the federal government for everything. It’s the rich and poor. JMO
So far in this county all but maybe a handful of teachers have been vaccinated. As for population control ?!?! Really. The 80 + crowd who get it first are really adding to the population. Ridiculous. As for the conspiracy theorists , there are 6 private companies in the USA developing vaccines for Covid. Two have approval now , Johnson and Johnson is expecting approval for theirs soon. In this day and age do you really think they could manipulate all those companies and still keep it secret ???

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
I’m just trying to say don’t get your information about this vaccine from a beagle dog forum or other internet blab fest . Talk with your primary care provider. I know some doctors and nurses getting vaccinated and some want to wait. But don’t try convincing people to not get vaccinated because of some internet rumor . There’s all kinds of falsehoods spread on the internet. Some of them by foreign countries trying to cause harm to the good old USA.

·
Registered
377 Posts
First I am so sorry for all that have lost a family member or close friend to this virus , this community just lost a very good member to this virus , so I don’t take it lightly and many more have been sick with it .

Let’s have a poll on who will get the vaccination .

I am not anti vaccination . I believe children should have to get there vaccinations and anyone entering this country . I think it is up to individuals on this one though , at this time .

There are to many unknowns with this new type of vaccine and the death rate is less than 2% . I will take my chances surviving it . I don’t get a flu shot either .

I vote : No
Amen

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
That is my point Huntsman , they are saying that even with the vaccination , things are not going to change for the vaccinated . At what point do we get back to so called normal again .
So you are expecting that once a person gets vaccinated then POOF everything for them goes back to normal ? Think of the logistics. How do you know , in a public setting , who has and hasn’t been vaccinated ? There are already scammers creating fake vaccination documents.
The vaccines are 95% effective at keeping the vaccinated person from having symptoms. In the studies it’s very difficult to determine if a vaccinated person who contracts the virus is contagious. So the recommendations err on the side of caution. We will get back to normal when the rate of infections and hospitalizations become low. We have to have a mindset of what’s best for us all , not what’s most convenient for me.

·
Registered
773 Posts
I have been around Mattdog enough to realize he knows a lot more than most about this subject. Definitely more than me. I will say my wife, mother, and both sisters have had the vaccine with no negative side effects. My 81 year old mother said it didn't even make her arm sore.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
So you are expecting that once a person gets vaccinated then POOF everything for them goes back to normal ? Think of the logistics. How do you know , in a public setting , who has and hasn’t been vaccinated ? There are already scammers creating fake vaccination documents.
The vaccines are 95% effective at keeping the vaccinated person from having symptoms. In the studies it’s very difficult to determine if a vaccinated person who contracts the virus is contagious. So the recommendations err on the side of caution. We will get back to normal when the rate of infections and hospitalizations become low. We have to have a mindset of what’s best for us all , not what’s most convenient for me.
That was one of my points that I was making in my OP , they don’t know much about the vaccine . I heard a doctor say on tv yesterday that he thinks herd immunity will take effect around April . That would be great if it happens .

·
Registered
721 Posts
Having been vaccinated, I will worry a LOT less about getting sick from the virus. That is what changes for me. Crowds, etc, won’t scare me like they do now. Be able to feel comfortable again eating out, shopping on weekends, playing with grandkids, maybe attending a sporting event, or even when someone shakes my hand. If it turns out the new variant strains are not covered, we’ll deal with that, maybe with another booster. Eventually we will get on top of this problem. If everyone gets vaccinated, we can get to herd immunity a lot quicker.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I have to agree with the above comment about the training of immune system. Lets think about the other vaccines that our medical community has developed and compare efficacy. Now think about this one. No one has definite answers to its efficacy because it has only been given for the last 2-3 months to the masses It was mentioned that RNs won't get it. Quite frankly our medical community getting it or not getting doesn't say anything of how good this vaccine is. We are just as ignorant as the other guy. I have to go with past vaccines and how effective they have been. I am an Advanced practice RN and I am telling you that if an "RN or APRN" tells you something as fact take my word for it disregard it. They don't know, I don't know, no one does but we have to go along with the science and past results. So please do not go with just what you hear, heard, or read. Use your brain. A lot is getting passed around as fact that just isn't fact at all. OH and turn off the television. When I did that, I realized that the whole world isn't falling apart. Just keep running your dogs its a lot more satisfying and rewarding.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I am the most hard-headed *** probably on this site but I too would love to be part of the solution can't wait for the day we can chunk these masks in the trash and maybe just maybe fix a cup of coffee at 7-Eleven again yeehaw
Personally on the fence but leaning to getting vaccinated. You can die from the vaccine, or develop serious issues. So it’s not risk free. My daughters work in healthcare with one being an RN and the other a respiratory therapist. Both were sick after 2nd shot for a few days.
I guess percentages are in favor of getting vaccinated but still feels alittle like roll of the dice.
The vaccine results are effective if you get sick after the second shot. Most everyone gets sick after the second vaccine. I had covid and was very ill 2 days after the first vaccine because it was my second exposure. Thats a normal finding. Very unlikely for death or serious illness. I'd say weigh the risk and benefit and determine what is best for you but I would encourage leaning towards taking the vaccine. We need high percentages to take it so that we can get rid of the masks and deaths of the actual virus.

41 - 60 of 78 Posts