Rabbit Dogs banner

21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
The death rate from the vaccine was from allergic reactions. 6 out of over 220,000 was the number I saw. If you answer the questionnaire appropriately if you have allergies to parts of the vaccines then you won’t get one , and that solves that.
Just because of the nature of lawsuits and such , no one is going to say you will be completely immune from anything until much more time goes by. CYA.
People will feel mildly sick after the vaccine , especially second dose , because it is ramping up your immune system.
Precautions must be continued after the vaccine because their is uncertainty whether you could carry the virus but be symptom free. Of course 61% of people who catch this virus catch it from someone who wasn’t showing symptoms at the time.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Without getting the masses vaccinated, how else can we stop this virus? It will just keep spreading and mutating into more deadly variants. The vaccine is the only way I see for us to ever return to any semblance of life as we knew it prior to 2020.
If it keeps mutating the vaccine is diminished as far as helping you, granted the experts state getting the shots it will help you. Help me what, the new mutated will infect the person who has the shots, yet as Mr. Dillion has stated the answers are no.
I work part time at a Hospital in Port Huron, Michigan, every year we were encouraged to get a flu shot. I always refused and it Pissed off the Human resources department. I asked the nurse what type of flu shot am I getting? She stated the bird flu shot. I asked if the Swine Flu is the flu for the winter would the bird flu shot help. She said no! So why take a shot that does nothing if its a different strain. Case in point COVID 19, get the shot then mutates and then mutates again, coverage is diminished. Right now it has mutated in Africa, Great Britain, and USA. There will be no protection. JMO

·
Registered
254 Posts
Life is a series of dice rolls.I have always believed in trying to do what I can to tilt the odds in my favor as much as possible and then betting with the odds, especially if it's my life I am betting.I believe in helmets and reserve parachutes too!
Yea well I done a lot gambling when when I was very young and dumb and made it out. Try not to roll the dice these days. Might be 1 too many.

·
Registered
722 Posts
If it keeps mutating the vaccine is diminished as far as helping you, granted the experts state getting the shots it will help you. Help me what, the new mutated will infect the person who has the shots, yet as Mr. Dillion has stated the answers are no.
I work part time at a Hospital in Port Huron, Michigan, every year we were encouraged to get a flu shot. I always refused and it Pissed off the Human resources department. I asked the nurse what type of flu shot am I getting? She stated the bird flu shot. I asked if the Swine Flu is the flu for the winter would the bird flu shot help. She said no! So why take a shot that does nothing if its a different strain. Case in point COVID 19, get the shot then mutates and then mutates again, coverage is diminished. Right now it has mutated in Africa, Great Britain, and USA. There will be no protection. JMO
I was never a proponent of the regular flu shot either, simply because it sometimes did not target the specific flu strain that actually occurred in any given year. And the regular flu did/does not scare me like Covid. However, apparently unlike your hospital, the healthcare system I worked for made the regular yearly flu shot mandatory for all 2400 employees, so I had really no choice in the matter.

However, I am in favor of the Covid vaccine because it does target, at over 90% effectiveness, the original Covid strain, which continues to be very deadly around the world. Experts are saying the vaccine may not prevent you from getting a newer mutant form of Covid, but that it will likely reduce the impact on your body so that you will not get seriously sick from it. If that’s the best we can do, I say get vaccinated at your first opportunity. It might save your life.

This is all we know, and lots of questions remain to be answered regarding Covid. A booster may be needed later to cover newer strains.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Well we all have to make that decision. I don’t think it’s as cut and dry as previous post stated about allergic reaction being only thing of concern. Everyones immune system is different and that’s what the wild card is. That 50 year old doctor in Fla. died a day or so later cause rheumatic system attacked his blood cells.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Can I stop wearing the mask ?
Government : No

Am I resistant to Covid ?
Government : Maybe , but we don’t know for sure .

If we vaccinate all children , will schools reopen to normal ?

If my mother and I get the vaccination , can we hug ?

If I get the vaccination , can I stop social distancing ?

Can the vaccinated gather for events ?

What is the real benefit of the vaccination ?
Government : The virus will not kill you .

Are you sure it will not kill me ?

If statistically the virus won’t kill me anyway , why should I get vaccinated ?
Government : To protect others

So if I get vaccinated , you are 100% sure I won’t infect others ?
Government : No , we are not sure .

So to summarize the Covid 19 vaccine :

Does not give immunity
Does not eliminate the virus
Does not prevent death
Does not guarantee you won’t get it
Does not stop you from passing it on
Does not prevent the need for closures
Does not prevent the need to social distance
Does not prevent the need too wear a mask

This is our government .
I thought this was a rabbit page

·
Registered
41 Posts
Can I stop wearing the mask ?

Am I resistant to Covid ?
Government : Maybe , but we don’t know for sure .

If we vaccinate all children , will schools reopen to normal ?

If my mother and I get the vaccination , can we hug ?

If I get the vaccination , can I stop social distancing ?

Can the vaccinated gather for events ?

What is the real benefit of the vaccination ?
Government : The virus will not kill you .

Are you sure it will not kill me ?

If statistically the virus won’t kill me anyway , why should I get vaccinated ?
Government : To protect others

So if I get vaccinated , you are 100% sure I won’t infect others ?
Government : No , we are not sure .

So to summarize the Covid 19 vaccine :

Does not give immunity
Does not eliminate the virus
Does not prevent death
Does not guarantee you won’t get it
Does not stop you from passing it on
Does not prevent the need for closures
Does not prevent the need to social distance
Does not prevent the need too wear a mask

This is our government .
Covid is here for the rest of our lives.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Have'nt heard of anyone dying from getting shot.... That Covid is some nasty stuff ,and my wife and I both high risk ...Trying to stick around alittle while longer...Also have'nt heard of anyone dying from wearing a mask, Guess i am one of those guys that wants to be part of the solution ,instead of the problem JMHO.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
I noticed in the news yesterday, the new administration is opening up the Border to Illegal Aliens again.
COVID vaccine is in short supply. However there is adequate vaccine to vaccinate the Illegals when they enter the country.
Knoxville teachers are having to drive 80 miles to another county for their vaccine.
No habla espanol? No Vaccine
It must be safe.
We can't open the schools because teachers in East Tennessee have not been vaccinated.
President Joe promised he had a plan to streamline Covid prevention.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Anytime we are dealing with public health we have to be concerned about the overall picture. You cannot base decisions entirely on what happens to one person when you are dealing with 300 million. We also have to be careful about mixing health care and politics. No further comment there.
I’m not trying to tell anyone whether or not to get the vaccine. That’s a decision for that person to make with the advice of their primary care provider.
But we also need to be careful and not make decisions based on “ Billy Bob said this ........ and I read on the internet .... “.
People being leery of almost every vaccine through history has occurred. This is nothing new. I sure wouldn’t want a world where we had to worry about polio again.

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
First I am so sorry for all that have lost a family member or close friend to this virus , this community just lost a very good member to this virus , so I don’t take it lightly and many more have been sick with it .

Let’s have a poll on who will get the vaccination .

I am not anti vaccination . I believe children should have to get there vaccinations and anyone entering this country . I think it is up to individuals on this one though , at this time .

There are to many unknowns with this new type of vaccine and the death rate is less than 2% . I will take my chances surviving it . I don’t get a flu shot either .

I vote : No

·
Registered
52 Posts
JAaron86
- Will a COVID-19 vaccination protect me from getting sick with COVID-19?
YES. COVID-19 vaccination works by teaching your immune system how to recognize and fight the virus that causes COVID-19, and this protects you from getting sick with COVID-19.

Foxxy
If it keeps mutating the vaccine is diminished as far as helping you,

See above posts.
As with nearly all vaccines dogs, people etc, the vaccines do not completely prevent infection but decrease multiplication of the virus thus preventing or significantly decreasing clinical disease and preventing or significantly decreasing shedding and spread of virus. This is true of the COVID vaccines. Preventing or significantly decreasing shedding and spread of virus will prevent the deaths, and hospitalizations, and reduce the possibility for development of mutant strains of virus. Immunity via vaccination is the reason that Polio and a host of other viruses no longer cause significant disease in human populations in US where vaccination of most of population occurs. Many of these viral diseases such as polio are still a problem in places where a significant portion of population is unvaccinated (people do not believe in vaccination or vaccination is not affordable). Immunity to COVID (vaccination) is the way to return to normal.

21 - 40 of 80 Posts