1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I stop wearing the mask ?
Government : No

Am I resistant to Covid ?
Government : Maybe , but we don’t know for sure .

If we vaccinate all children , will schools reopen to normal ?

If my mother and I get the vaccination , can we hug ?

If I get the vaccination , can I stop social distancing ?

Can the vaccinated gather for events ?

What is the real benefit of the vaccination ?
Government : The virus will not kill you .

Are you sure it will not kill me ?

If statistically the virus won’t kill me anyway , why should I get vaccinated ?
Government : To protect others

So if I get vaccinated , you are 100% sure I won’t infect others ?
Government : No , we are not sure .

So to summarize the Covid 19 vaccine :

Does not give immunity
Does not eliminate the virus
Does not prevent death
Does not guarantee you won’t get it
Does not stop you from passing it on
Does not prevent the need for closures
Does not prevent the need to social distance
Does not prevent the need too wear a mask

This is our government .

·
Registered
71 Posts

Does not give immunity
Does not prevent death

This is our government .
Also after “90 days” it’s ineffective. If it even works from the start.. my moms an RN with the public health system in Dayton and most of them won’t even get it if that tells ya anything

·
Registered
722 Posts
Without getting the masses vaccinated, how else can we stop this virus? It will just keep spreading and mutating into more deadly variants. The vaccine is the only way I see for us to ever return to any semblance of life as we knew it prior to 2020.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Without getting the masses vaccinated, how else can we stop this virus? It will just keep spreading and mutating into more deadly variants. The vaccine is the only way I see for us to ever return to any semblance of life as we knew it prior to 2020.
They've already said the vaccine doesn't work on some of the variants. We get rid rid of it when we reach herd immunity.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Too soon to say how long it protects you. From research, they know at least 4 months.
Pretty sure I’ve read several things about 18-55 the modern shot would lose 25-55 percent effectiveness then the age classses above that would lose the effectiveness up to 75% in the first 90 days... to me that isn’t very effective, also i may be wrong not trying to argue. Just Rereporting what i read

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
IMO , all the teachers who want to get the vaccination should get the vaccination and all of the schools should open . I don’t think it should be mandatory for children to get the vaccination . It doesn’t appear that they are affected by it much if any . I would not give it to my child .

·
Registered
3,309 Posts
There are still a lot of questions that are not answered. This covid is a first for us and a lot of other countries as well. We went through this with polio and other illnesses. I think in most cases like covid and polio it is a trial and error until you find a cure and a shot that lasts. When I was a kid in school in the late forties they came to our school once a year and gave us (no preference) shots for polio, mumps, measels, small pox, etc. At some point and time in our history we must have had to experiment to find vaccines for all of those diseases. For me, I plan to be a part of the discovery. To do nothing, at least in my mind, will not help. I have already had the first shot and will have my second on March 3rd. But to each his own!!

·
Premium Member
406 Posts

Does not give immunity
Does not prevent death

This is our government .
Very well put!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I want to be part of the answer to this terrible virus. I am fully vaccinated and have been for a few weeks. I took it when it was first offered to me because I believe in the science. Vaccines have been helping us get rid of virus's for a long time now, some of those - Measles, Polio, Tetanus, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis A, Rubella, Pneumococcal disease, Rotavirus, Mumps, Diphtheria, Yellow fever, Rabies, Meningitis, and so on have been almost eradicated because of vaccines.

I am a Officer so I deal with people all the time who do not care about themselves or others and put us at high risk for contracting this virus. I have lost 2 family member's to this virus and have a uncle who is laying in the ICU on a ventilator for just over 2 weeks now because of it.

I highly advise people to do their own research and not rely on hear say from someone who is not in the medical or science field.

Here are a few facts that may help you out.

- Will a COVID-19 vaccination protect me from getting sick with COVID-19?
YES.
COVID-19 vaccination works by teaching your immune system how to recognize and fight the virus that causes COVID-19, and this protects you from getting sick with COVID-19.

- Will a COVID-19 vaccine alter my DNA
No.
COVID-19 mRNA vaccines do not change or interact with your DNA in any way.

- Do the COVID-19 vaccines protect against the COVID-19 variants?
Early research suggests that the Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines can provide protection against the COVID-19 variants identified in the U.K. and South Africa. Vaccine manufacturers are also looking into creating booster shots to improve protection against variants.

- Can I stop taking safety precautions after getting a COVID-19 vaccine?
Experts want to learn more about the protection that a COVID-19 vaccine provides and how long immunity lasts before changing safety recommendations. Factors such as how many people get vaccinated and how the virus is spreading in communities will also affect these recommendations.

I hope this helps someone who has questions.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I want to be part of the answer to this terrible virus. I am fully vaccinated and have been for a few weeks. I took it when it was first offered to me because I believe in the science. Vaccines have been helping us get rid of virus's for a long time now, some of those - Measles, Polio, Tetanus, Hepatitis B, Hepatitis A, Rubella, Pneumococcal disease, Rotavirus, Mumps, Diphtheria, Yellow fever, Rabies, Meningitis, and so on have been almost eradicated because of vaccines.

I am a Officer so I deal with people all the time who do not care about themselves or others and put us at high risk for contracting this virus. I have lost 2 family member's to this virus and have a uncle who is laying in the ICU on a ventilator for just over 2 weeks now because of it.

I highly advise people to do their own research and not rely on hear say from someone who is not in the medical or science field.

Here are a few facts that may help you out.

- Will a COVID-19 vaccination protect me from getting sick with COVID-19?
YES.
COVID-19 vaccination works by teaching your immune system how to recognize and fight the virus that causes COVID-19, and this protects you from getting sick with COVID-19.

- Will a COVID-19 vaccine alter my DNA
No.
COVID-19 mRNA vaccines do not change or interact with your DNA in any way.

- Do the COVID-19 vaccines protect against the COVID-19 variants?
Early research suggests that the Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines can provide protection against the COVID-19 variants identified in the U.K. and South Africa. Vaccine manufacturers are also looking into creating booster shots to improve protection against variants.

- Can I stop taking safety precautions after getting a COVID-19 vaccine?
Experts want to learn more about the protection that a COVID-19 vaccine provides and how long immunity lasts before changing safety recommendations. Factors such as how many people get vaccinated and how the virus is spreading in communities will also affect these recommendations.

I hope this helps someone who has questions.
Great post! Thanks! Sorry to hear this has affected your family.

·
Registered
359 Posts
We have seen what this virus can do, right here on this site. As for the viaccine working, it may help, problem is with our open borders we get strains that the vaccine is not as effective against. As long as you have travel from all around the world you will have no controls. Started in china, made it all around the world by travel. Now with more open borders things can only get worse. As we lose family and friends the democrats are using this disease to their advantage to get votes.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
According to the Gov. Florida has been back to normal for months. Their infection rate/deaths has been lower than states that shut down.

I believe the shots should be limited to folks with other morbidities, elderly, diabetics, Copd, and other diseases. The rest of the population should be given Ivermectin pills and other proven remedies for symptoms. Big business was exposed and is no longer in the opiod business. Their cash cow is now starting a disease and developing a cure or half cure while
squashing any proven cure or prevention.

If you think I am being insensitive or extreme, do a search of Youtube videos on testing Statin drugs for High Colestrol.
"Statin Wars-have we been mislead" by Dr Maryanne Demasi

Anyone on Statins should research the drug and its side effects.

Our government is not our friend.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have always been a big believer in science.Us people sometimes misunderstand the science but science is always right.I can't wait to get the vaccine.I live in a 4 generation household and I have many serious health problems so I worry about the kids bringing it home from school to me.Best of luck to you all.

·
Super Moderator
6,156 Posts
I havnt made my mind up yet one way or the other. I have had it myself and my son also has had. I just buried my next door neighbor, lost an Uncle to it, and a cousin was on ventilator for 2 weeks and almost lost him. Saying all that I just don’t trust our Government or science that has been expedited without sufficient testing. COVID is real and bad and I hope and Pray that the vaccines work for all our sakes.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Personally on the fence but leaning to getting vaccinated. You can die from the vaccine, or develop serious issues. So it’s not risk free. My daughters work in healthcare with one being an RN and the other a respiratory therapist. Both were sick after 2nd shot for a few days.
I guess percentages are in favor of getting vaccinated but still feels alittle like roll of the dice.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts